Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike won\'t start. Replaced battery and stator....

I have an 01 1000. My bike didn't start back up one day so we changed the batter to a brand new one. I rode around for the rest of the day then it happened again. When I came back from my ride, I turned the bike off then tried to start it up....nothing. So we replaced the stator AND another new battery. I rode around for about an hour or so and guess what?????? Turned the bike off then it would not start. One sign that I knew it was going to happen again was that when I would be riding, I would turn my signal on to switch lanes or something and noticed they were fast blinking. This is the same thing I noticed the first time it all started. Any suggestions or advice?

· Premium Member
72,646 Posts
Re: Bike won\'t start. Replaced battery and stator....

check your wiring harness and your fuses.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

i would check the connection on the regulator rectifier. if you do wheelies, it's most likely the connector came loose.
I am a female rider so I'm going to have someone check these things for me.....I don't do wheelies but I'm going to have that checked too....never know..

· Registered
81 Posts

If it were my bike I would beg, borrow or buy a digital volt/ohm meter and download the service manual from this site. Connect the meter to the battery with the engine running and determine the charging system input to my battery. The manual's electrical section page 7-6 outlines some further tests which will help find your problem. Otherwise it's a crap shoot and you will end up wasting time and cash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.