Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
i'm having this same issue but this only happened after I got part of the bike under water. Do you have an update on this or a solution as to what was causing the problem?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 05 gsxr 600.

Having this problem of it not revving up past around 8000 rpm.

NO red light NO codes in dealer mode.

It just falls on its face and bogs down, Sorta like a rev limiter but not quite.

This is what I know so far. Not the kick stand switch, I have that shorted out.
Not the secondary throttle actuators, they are open.
Not a kinked fuel line, i have made 100% sure of this and have checked 5 times.

This is what i have done so far:

Drained gas tank, Cleaned up filter.
Poured seafoam into gas tank before i added barely any gas, Primed injectors, Turned bike over, let it sit a while. Filled it up with 1 gallon of gas, rode it wide open at WOT... (8,000 rpms).. Then filled up tank with 93

Also Just put in new spark plugs yesterday. No change in performance Still falls on its face at 8000 rpm at WOT.

Now if i get it too 8000 rpm and let of throttle and slowly accelerate it will maybe get to 9000 or 10000 but sounds horrible.

Has strong good power under 8000rpm.

ANY HELP is GREATLY appreciated
What did the old plugs' electrodes look like? If black and sooty it could be your air filter. I had a 600 which wouldn't rev much past 5-6K RPM (yet the previous 50 miles it would go to redline). Although I visually checked the air filter and thought it clean enough, a new air filter did the trick.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Air filter is not clogged up. I can get it to rev up past 8000 if i slowly increase throttle, but at WOT, it his this "rev limiter at 8-9000 rpm.

Any more suggestions is appreciated, will continue to update on this.

Thanks guys
Sounds an awful lot like the STVA. But you're not spitting out codes. Thats exactly the symptom of the STVA.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
I have da same problem but I have a 98 suzuki gsxr 750 but I put a 04 gsxr 750 motor on it can anyone tell me anything.
Did you read the thread? What have you testes so far?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i know this is a late reply but for those who have the same issues specially after acquiring a used bike if youre having this problem and have checked to be sure you are getting proper spark then likely its linked to your fuel pump i had the same problem put new fuel pump in and did great few days later here we go again so pulled it back out and seen that the fuel pump housing was clogged so filled it full of thinner let it sit for 30 min or so then blew it out with 125 psi of air, put it all back together ran fine couple days later same issue again and what was happening was my fuel pump cushion and holder that connects to the bottom of the housing was missing and the pump was pulling out of the housing enough to kep pressure at part throttle but where it wasnt sealed enough due to sliding out of housing couldnt hold the pressure for anything over 1/4 throttle. please note this was on my 05 gsxr600 hope this helps someone

·
Registered
11 Posts
Currently having the exact issue. Will mess with this when i get home in the morning from work tonight. Extremely eager to see if this is my issue. Anyone with a pump assembly pic of when the pump is out of the house, please share. I will be doing this in the AM. Thank you to THEGEEK for keep suggesting pump. I will up date asap. Here is my forum thread

i know this is a late reply but for those who have the same issues specially after acquiring a used bike if youre having this problem and have checked to be sure you are getting proper spark then likely its linked to your fuel pump i had the same problem put new fuel pump in and did great few days later here we go again so pulled it back out and seen that the fuel pump housing was clogged so filled it full of thinner let it sit for 30 min or so then blew it out with 125 psi of air, put it all back together ran fine couple days later same issue again and what was happening was my fuel pump cushion and holder that connects to the bottom of the housing was missing and the pump was pulling out of the housing enough to kep pressure at part throttle but where it wasnt sealed enough due to sliding out of housing couldnt hold the pressure for anything over 1/4 throttle. please note this was on my 05 gsxr600 hope this helps someone

21 - 32 of 32 Posts