Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike won\'t lift in 2nd gear wtf??

Basically the bike won't go up in 2nd gear at all. Even with a pretty nice bounce at 10k rpm. I have a video which I can post later... Are they just no longer wheelie prone?

I can also go balls out in 1st gear all the way up to the redline as long as I don't whack it open without worrying about looping.

·
Banned
80 Posts
Re: Bike won\'t lift in 2nd gear wtf??

are you serious? @ 10k rpm this thing should come up real easy. relax, shift to second, as the rpm's are rising, when you get around to 6k let off a little to make the suspension flex/dip and wack it.... she should rise like funk on george clinton....

·
Registered
623 Posts

Simple answer:

You got to wack that throttle a lot more than you do in that video.

I am lousy at wheelies, but believe me. The K5 will power up too easy in 2nd and 3rd
Yeah what comeback said. I am not very good and wheelies at all but this bike will make you good.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I am 225lb person and if i have the bike in second and at about 6000rpm and roll into the gas kinda fast the front comes right up.... i didnt get a chance to see the video yet but i will watch it later today

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts

It will lift. ya don`t even have to whack it that hard in 2nd, a bit of a tug on the bars and up she goes. It lifts nicely in the meat of the powerband rolling on hard coming out of corners.
It WILL do BP wheelies in 3rd. 7000RPM roll off and whack it hard.
Only had the bike about 2 fett of the groud in 4th off the throttle but still working on it.
All of the above isa on flat ground.
On the crest of a hill it will pick the front off the ground in SIXTH at 130KPH.

The K5 wheelies heaps different to my K4. MUCH,MUCH eaiser to get the front wheel of the ground on the K5 but the K4 seemed more stable on the back wheel. With the K5 throttle control seems a lot more important than my K4. It tends to want to come back to earth where the K4 would just float up there.

I`m no expert wheelier but what I`ve said is a fact in my case.

·
Registered
65 Posts

right around 6 RPMs in 2nd twist that throttle hard and quick the bike will come right up, I am 180 and i can get this thing to stand up in 3rd easy with just a little bounce, but if you're having problems with just trying to get it to stand up off the throttle, why not try clutching it? if you can't get it then......

·
Premium Member
1,610 Posts

Screw 10000, start about 6000 IN 2ND open her up a little at a time with a bit of a tug, gradually increasing the twist until ya get it. AND BE FUCKING CAREFUL.

·
Registered
787 Posts

My K5 comes up in 3rd with a slight tug on the bars at around 90mph. Not sure the revs. In 2nd, if I sit up and run it to redline, it comes up just as it does in 1st.

·
Registered
623 Posts

right around 6 RPMs in 2nd twist that throttle hard and quick the bike will come right up, I am 180 and i can get this thing to stand up in 3rd easy with just a little bounce, but if you're having problems with just trying to get it to stand up off the throttle, why not try clutching it? if you can't get it then......
If you clutch this thing I guarantee either you will be cleaning your shorts or you'll be on your lid. Guarantee it!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Guys, watch the video. I wacked the throttle open at 6k, then 9k and then 11k.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

i didnt watch the vid, but maybe you got a friday bike (you know, the bike they put together right after the company picnic where they gave out free beer and chips)..
just messin with ya man..
It has plenty of power, I just think I'm doing something wrong

·
Registered
226 Posts

are you serious? @ 10k rpm this thing should come up real easy. relax, shift to second, as the rpm's are rising, when you get around to 6k let off a little to make the suspension flex/dip and wack it.... she should rise like funk on george clinton....
LOL

·
Registered
6,186 Posts

i didnt watch the vid, but maybe you got a friday bike (you know, the bike they put together right after the company picnic where they gave out free beer and chips)..
just messin with ya man..
It has plenty of power, I just think I'm doing something wrong
Trust me fronic, the bike has all the power it needs.
I tried to watch the video again, but link doesn't work anymore.

Anyways I think it is how quick you are on the "throttle wack" that you have to work on.
I have done excactly the same as you did in the video, then just did it all over again and concentrated on getting really quick on that throttle.....and wow did it come up. It nearly threw me off in 3rd once.

Just don't rush these things, you will be hurt.
After all the bike was made to have both wheels on the ground

·
Premium Member
968 Posts

From what I hear this bike wheelies in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear pretty easily. Im not a big fan of the wheelie as I dislike replacing fork seals and steering head bearings. I just picked up a 05' 1000 and Im sure that I'll be having the front wheel off the ground just from accelerating quickly without really even trying to get the wheel in the air.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts