Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So to start off, this 04 750 I picked up has some problems that are almost all cosmetic but my one problem is the fact that the bike doesn't crank at all from the start button.
Here's what I've checked.
Start button, cleaned it, used a multimeter, has resistance going through it.
Starter relay, bought new one after I thought it was faulty,
Chec does not show up on dash when trying to start.
Bike does start by shorting the 2 relay terminals.
I have checked the plug the start button is connected to and it looks ok.
I have held the clutch in, I have put the kickstand up, the bike was in neutral every time.
Let's skip the basic checks because I've gone through them countless times.
Maybe my relay wires are switched? Could that be why? Positive Battery terminal goes on top/left if I'm not mistaken.
Again, bike starts how it should by jumping the relay terminals but not by the switch. The switch works, I've checked it.
I wanna drive this thing out to the mountains and push it off a cliff already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So to start off, this 04 750 I picked up has some problems that are almost all cosmetic but my one problem is the fact that the bike doesn't crank at all from the start button.
Here's what I've checked.
Start button, cleaned it, used a multimeter, has resistance going through it.
Starter relay, bought new one after I thought it was faulty,
Chec does not show up on dash when trying to start.
Bike does start by shorting the 2 relay terminals.
I have checked the plug the start button is connected to and it looks ok.
I have held the clutch in, I have put the kickstand up, the bike was in neutral every time.
Let's skip the basic checks because I've gone through them countless times.
Maybe my relay wires are switched? Could that be why? Positive Battery terminal goes on top/left if I'm not mistaken.
Again, bike starts how it should by jumping the relay terminals but not by the switch. The switch works, I've checked it.
I wanna drive this thing out to the mountains and push it off a cliff already.
I am also like you I recently just purchased my first rocket it's a 650 GSXR and mostly cosmetic work is needs to be done but I also am having the same trouble you are occasionally the bike will not crank over at all although everything is still working I found out through process of elimination you have a set of wires that comes out of your main wire harness up towards the front fairing it is actually the black clip with all the orange wires coming out of it there is a short somewhere in there so track that down and you're starting issue will be probably fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am also like you I recently just purchased my first rocket it's a 650 GSXR and mostly cosmetic work is needs to be done but I also am having the same trouble you are occasionally the bike will not crank over at all although everything is still working I found out through process of elimination you have a set of wires that comes out of your main wire harness up towards the front fairing it is actually the black clip with all the orange wires coming out of it there is a short somewhere in there so track that down and you're starting issue will be probably fine
Figured it out, the clutch sensor was bad so I just rewired it and threw the damn thing away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts