Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys got some bad news, I did my morning routine left for work. went the same way I always do going to work.
but tried to lean the bike over and take a turn a little faster.
but the bike low sided
and there was a median in the middle of the road that divides the other lane and it had a telephone pole in the middle of the median. so I low sided and the bike hit the curb so did I and then the phone pole stopped me the bike is in 100 pieces the fairings are pretty much destroyed.
the muffler had holes punched in it I guess from the pegs.
and was bent the right rear peg is fucked.
the subframe is cracked where the welds are to the frame.
the headlight bracket is bent. but the engine survived. and the wheels too. the clutch handle was sheared off too. the tank is fine. I however am not. remember the relaxed post....?
well noone contributed to the.... Po' . Blackman. Fund.
and I have to say yes neoprene saved my upper body. a little
the side of my hand is rashed up. My left knee slide right over the median curb it looks nasty. I hit the phone pole with my backside and its fine(thank God). i'm alright other than my body aches and my bike is totaled. two guys behind me said when I leaned the bike over I went too far andthe peg hit the ground and made sparks so I think thats why I whreked. Just when I got comfortable with leaning way over in a turn. this time it was wwaaaayyyyyyy over I guess. the bike did'nt hit the pole but its banged up and the subframe is tweaked up like I pulled it up and stretched the metal.
and over I'lll post pics soon as I can get around to doing it. I don't think its worth piecing back together unless BOBBYCHET can tel me how to mod the sub frame with a newer style one. cause It cant be vixed unless I hack it off grind the rest and reattach a newer type sub on it.I'll be looking for him to post something to me about it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thats a drag, but be very thankful your alive and can ride again. My cousins bofriend, bought a brand new 929 rr and drove it off the dealer floor right into a pole or tree. Killed himself, there wasnt 1 mile on the bike yet. I would say its probably worth parting the bike and maybe starting fresh ? Was it 1100 or 750 ?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it was a 750 I also have a extra engine for it

·
3,482 Posts
Sorry dude, that blows........Maybe you could sell the extra engine and use the cash to get her fixed up
It will be a lot of work, but maybe this is your chance to build it into something really cool

Make sure your O.K. first! The bike can be fixed.................

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i'm gonna give it some time...man I'm gonna miss riding her though I love that bike.I need to find out how to fit a subframe on it.cool like what ya got in mind I kinda draw a blank when I think about what to change.?!
I was thinking the plastics are only fucked on one side the other was untouched maybe I can bondorepair them and repaint them back.!! I'll get sme pics soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bike, at least you survived. Can't let my wife see this thread!! picking up a stock 89 gsxr750 tomorrow....44000km ~ 27500 miles $3500cdn

hope your riding agin soon

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Mang, really sorry to hear about your crash. At least you survived 'er to ride again someday. Heal up quick, bro'.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
that sucks ass! good thing is that you are OK. you should get yourself checked out, just to make sure.

you might be able to salvage your bike, though. once you are feeling better, re-evaluate the bike and begin to remove the damaged pieces. the subframe can be fixed by a shop and the other pieces can be had used. i say from experience, as i also thought that my bikes were going to be parts bikes when i crashed them, until i found out that it was not as bad as i thought.

good luck and post pics.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
re-evaluate the bike and begin to remove the damaged pieces. the subframe can be fixed by a shop and the other pieces can be had used.
good luck and post pics.
thanx most of the damage is the plastics and subframe
the headlight assembly is knocked off too.my knee is KILLIN me right now ya ought ta see it. man OUCH.!!

I feel like such a

anyone know if I can fit this to my bike and get the rear fairings to match.??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...;category=34284

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident

But it sounds like you were lucky and came out of it ok.

I would probably part it out and get another bike.

You may not know the full extent of the damage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you can fit anything on. it just depends on how good you can A. weld, B. how well you can improvise and C. how much you want to spend. sorry to hear about your loss, as everyone said at least you are ok.

·
Streetfighting Monster
1,216 Posts
dude - sorry to hear about your bike

if you like the style of the SRAD tail (
) you can make the SRAD subframe fit , just cut the old one off and make up some new connecting tabs so you can weld the new one on .

that 1st gen subframe has already been cut off an old gsxr ( they were welded on originally - just like yours) , it would be difficult to mount up and besides the bodywork would look pig ugly on a 2nd gen bike.

I fitted the tail unit and sub frame of a GSXR 1000 K2 on my '89 750 frame -

click HERE if you want to see how i did it.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
...and besides the bodywork would look pig ugly on a 2nd gen bike.
Now Lee, you wouldn't be insinuating a very subtle inuendo that the 1st gen bodywork looks pig ugly, now would you?

·
Streetfighting Monster
1,216 Posts
OOPS !

sorry dude - caught red handed

of course - beauty is in the eye of the beholder , just not in mine.

To be honest , i dont think slabby's look too bad really - but i much prefer the look of the slingshots.

however , i have to admit - IMHO the idea of fitting a slabby tail unit to a slingshot is a bad one.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wreck, hop eyou are healing up well.

-Karl

·
Banned
185 Posts
Man thats a bummer but it sounds like your doing OK, at least in the head that is. That's the hardest part of it, the dealing with the aftermath of "what do I ride now?" You'll be fine dude I don't think taking your time is in the cardsthough, your allready planning Frankengixxer. Good then, do it, probably turn out better than the last one.

Take Care,

Derek

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
OOPS !

sorry dude - caught red handed

however , i have to admit - IMHO the idea of fitting a slabby tail unit to a slingshot is a bad one.
Just razzin' ya man.
And you're right. The rear would look pretty goofy on anything not a slabside.
Yikes.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you can fit anything on. it just depends on how good you can A. weld, B. how well you can improvise and C. how much you want to spend. sorry to hear about your loss, as everyone said at least you are ok.
so i hear this . yes I'm a A class metal fabricator. with three certifications in welding. tig pipe, mig plate stick plate... all to any thickness. exept tig pipe for thickness so metal working is not a problem. and I LOVE welding aluminum itss soo great.
but I need to know what kinda subframes are gonna look good on it. I wanted the sub BOBBY had but its gone and it was in a whole piece even the tail light. and plastic.
so far this is whats trash on the bike.
both left plastics,whole tail section, light plastic subframe is tweaked.rear right peg.(which was a dipped piece). ehxaust can piece that connects to the header itself. headlight fairing
clutch handle.. thats all right now. I straightened the headlight assembly today it looks normal. I also took the broke glass out the speedo, and began sandin the paint off the tank...
man there was like 7 layers of paint on that baby. whew thats gonna be some work right now part of it looks like a everlasting gobstopper.!!
get at me l8tr

1 - 20 of 51 Posts