Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to buy a set of bike stands.....money is tight so i was thinking about a set of Handy , does anyone have these, are they any good.....everyone else sells stands for like $90 for the rear and like $70 for the front......Handy sells the set for $100.....Also height clearance is a problem, my bike is tucked under a shelf in the garage so i dont want something that lifts the bike to high...Any input is appreciated thanxs!!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after thinking about it alittle more....im open to any suggestions if it means spending alittle more money then so be it.....nothing is to good for my baby!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
gixxer pilot, i've heard good things about pitbull stands...very sturdy. Check out www.kneedraggers.com, they're good with service and prices.

btw, where in queens are you from ? i go to school at the college of aeronautics off 86 and 23. maybe we could ride when the weather clears up

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
Originally posted by NYGiXxErPiLoT:
anyone else care to share???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">they have two front stands, get the one that goes under the forks not the one that goes under the lower triple

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
and thats why i'll never rest my bike on anything but a PITBULL stand! if it'll hold a plane it'l definatly hold your bike! the combo of the front and rear stands is unbeatable, pricey though!

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
in all honesty BRP stands are great, cost effective and sturdy!! they are also collapsable for easy storage... can you do that with the pitbulls?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
gixxerfever--------through the whole change over one of my replies got lost......i wanted to know how sturdy the rear stand is without the handle in place?

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
gixxerfever--------through the whole change over one of my replies got lost......i wanted to know how sturdy the rear stand is without the handle in place?
the handle is removable so you can freely walk around the bike, the stand is very sturdy.... the handle is not part of the structure at all. trust me i would put my bikes on just anything!

·
Registered
583 Posts
What about the Craftman stand

I use the Handy stands for +1day storage and for working on minor stuff like the rear end. It would be nice if Handy made a triple tree stand. Anywho, has anyone checked out this Craftman stand:

http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summary/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccjgadchiekgekjcehgcemgdffmdflf.0&vertical=TOOL&bidsite=&pid=00950190000

If the link doesn't work, highlight, copy, and paste into your address bar. It looks pretty good for $107 bucks.

Cheers

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'll second the craftsman stand. i work at sears and although i don't own one, I have sold a lot of them and heard some very good comments from customers with not one coming back
. its probably what i'll pick up this spring.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts