Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup group, lookin into gettin a set of bike stands 4 my k5 GSXR 750. Any recomendations? already read some so so reviews on powerstands. any help would gladly be appreciated.

Thanx Jared

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have got a set of pit-bull stands, I love em... probably one of the best things I have purchased outside of gear. They are pretty expensive though, expect just over $100 for rear and almost $125 for front.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
ebay!!

got a pit pull front fork stand and a rear stand for $150 shipped my door. And they were hardly used.

·
Registered
413 Posts
PIT BULL!!!

just got the forward handled pit bull to replace the OEM aluminum one. So much easier to lift the bike by yourself. I was always nervous with the standard type of rear stands by yourself.

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
I've read and seen alot of positive on the Pit Bulls but as stated a little pricey.

I need a front and a rear stand myself and want good quality but affordable to me at least as well.

One question for the woodcraft guys is the best place to purchase them thru the email addy provided above or other online stores???

James

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
I've read and seen alot of positive on the Pit Bulls but as stated a little pricey.

I need a front and a rear stand myself and want good quality but affordable to me at least as well.

One question for the woodcraft guys is the best place to purchase them thru the email addy provided above or other online stores???

James
Buy it from the site....Eric Wood (the owner) is also an AMA racer selling good shit to the racer..made by a racer. I have two front stands and a rear....my other rear ( a micron) is a pos and I'm going to replace it with a Woodcraft this weekend when I'm at the race track.

Look at it this way......PitBull redesigned their front stand to work just like a woodcraft, except the woodcraft can be height adjusted unlike the pitbull....need I say more??

njracer

·
Registered
8,165 Posts

James
Buy it from the site....Eric Wood (the owner) is also an AMA racer selling good shit to the racer..made by a racer. I have two front stands and a rear....my other rear ( a micron) is a pos and I'm going to replace it with a Woodcraft this weekend when I'm at the race track.

Look at it this way......PitBull redesigned their front stand to work just like a woodcraft, except the woodcraft can be height adjusted unlike the pitbull....need I say more??

njracer
Sweet
and as I looked at the site I noticed that the price on them is about the same as the pitbull stands that I was going to get so I guess I've been pursuaded to another side

·
Registered
170 Posts
I got a rear stand from Redline Stands , who is a site sponsor. Nothing real fancy but it does it's job well. Ian used to powdercoat them for an additional fee. Looking at the site, I'm not sure if he does anymore. I mean, $115 for front and back stands, not sure you can beat that.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I got my stands from Redline Stands and I have absolutely no cpmplaints at all. They are great in my opinion and very reasonable as far as price. Then again, Pitbull Stands and Woodcraft are great too and from what I have heard are very worth the money they cost . Basically, it comes down to what you want to spend and what set of stands appeals to you.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

James
Indysuperbike!!! You can get them for a smaller chunk of change than from Woodcraft themselves.

$142.99 for the front stand.
$99.99 for the rear stand.

Well worth the $$$$$$$! (It's really not a lot of $$ either!!)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.