Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see some good deals on stands that appear to be good quality. I figure as long as it's made well with some decent welds, how bad can it be?

Would it be stupid of me not to get PitBull stands for my bike? Or are there plenty of other stands that are 60% of the price that will last me just as long and treat me just as good?

Just looking for advice from your experiences.

Thanks

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
i have a set of redline stands, it was like 120 shipped for fr. and rear. then i primed and painted them, couldn't be happier

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Well, I first bought a Suzuki OEM rear stand and bought a Woodcraft Solo front stand. I can't wait till I replace my rear stand with Woodcraft. Just don't feel safe with my bike sitting on OEM stand.
Dont' know much about Pittbull.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
My Woodcraft set was $268 shipped from Indysuperbike.com!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I've sold about 500 sets of these so far...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4551213939&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

Originally I made a bunch for myself and some buddies. Word got out, and now I do a batch every week and send them all over the country.

Unless you really want to pay 250-300 for a set, the materials used is only 70-75 dollars.....

Big companies carry huge overhead costs, you wind up paying them in the end......

·
Is Sexually Attracted To The Guys on GDC
21,546 Posts
This might be a dumb question but why do you get stands? Is it just to make sure nothing tips the bike over?
well for one, it is kinda hard to change a rear tire on the ground......

·
Registered
603 Posts
i like my pitbulls. i had lp before. not that much of a difference really, just peace of mind. there was one brand i can't remember. really thick. power something. but they were too low on friend's bike. never really got the rear off the ground. pita.

some vouch for handy stands. i know a couple who bike fell. i think cuz they're narrower then pittbuls or lp.

if you have the $$$, get pitbulls. else, what everyone else here recomemnds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.