Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to all this so i have a 97 gsxr600 sradand today i went to go riding and i started it up fine let it warm up and got on it and it stalled i changed the plugs and put in a air filter yesterday but it was fine then i have no clue what to do now

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
When exactly is it stalling? when you pull the clutch in to take off or when you take the choke off. Or when you just sat on it? we may need a little more info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill start it with the choke on then let it warm up shut the choke off and it runs fine then when i get on it and put up the kickstand as soon as i lean it up it stalls

·
Registered
62 Posts
Theres a safety switch that will make the bike stall if the kickstand is down and you try riding. Maybe it went bad / got old and worn ... it happened on my bike and the switch was just bypassed as a cheap fix. Mine would shut off randomly while riding because of it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
the switch only shuts the bike off when you put it in gear with the kickstand down. from what he said I think it shuts off as soon as he leans it off the kickstand. which is weird.

hopefully it is only the switch. check or replace

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i took everything back apart and checked the plugs and made sure everything was ok and everything looked fine so i put it all back together again and it was fine so maybe it was just a fluke thanks this site has helped me alot lately

1 - 6 of 6 Posts