Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not every time, but maybe one out of two. raising the idle speed does not help... i think it may be a switch like the kick stand switch er something. any ideas? is it carburation? a safetly switch? bike runs great otherwise.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I don't think his bike has a tip over sensor on it(just the FI bikes,no?).It's most likely your kickstand flopping down enough to cut the bike off.This only happens when you land,right?

·
Registered
99 Posts
When does it stall, in the middle of the stoppie or when the rear wheel lands back on the ground. If its when it hits the ground then its most likely the return spring on the kickstand. I had a friend who had 97 600 and the spring was just not strong enough to hold the kickstand up when the rear of the bike slammed back down to pavement, i went to home depot and bought a similar spring that was stronger to and this solved the problem.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks! good thought... i was practicing today and i got them smoother (less clunk) and it didn't cut out as much. i will check and report back soon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Also, If you have too much oil in it, it will cut out and may stall. I had the same problem. The guy who had my bike before me had almost 2 qts. too much oil. When I did stoppies, the oil would go up the crankcase breather hose and into the airbox and chocke the carbs. After I drained the excess oil I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Originally posted by bada$$gix:
Also, If you have too much oil in it, it will cut out and may stall. I had the same problem. The guy who had my bike before me had almost 2 qts. too much oil. When I did stoppies, the oil would go up the crankcase breather hose and into the airbox and chocke the carbs. After I drained the excess oil I haven't had any problems.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey where in KC are you from??

-Spooner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts