Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'04 gsxr 600

ok today i rode to work and back fine-no problems

on my way back from running to some places the bike shuts off of a stop light so i like wtf and start it back up

then i start going and it shuts off in 1st, luckily i pulled in the clutch and pulled over
so then i get it going again when i switched from 1st to 2nd the speedo went to 0 and the tach went crazy and all the lights flickered.

i checked out every gear and when i gas hard it is real boggy like it stutters instead of taking off

i called the dealer(still under warranty) and they have no idea what can be wrong
i dont got a truck to tow it and i dont really wanna ride it there(20 miles) bc if it dies on the highway the brakes will lock up and i will go flying

my car is dead(getting a new one monday) and i got no ride to work but tomorrow i got off so i am wondering if there is anything i can try and fix myself on my day off

04 600
3000 miles

btw i am starting to stunt, but have never dropped it or anyting

·
Registered
169 Posts
one i'm pretty sure your brakes wont lock up... and two that is a really strange sounding problem, but it sounds to me like a very bad electrical problem which stunting wouldn't really have anything to do with causing the problem. Anyways find someone with a truck asap!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
your brakes won't lock up just from shutting off your bike, they are totally differant circuits of the bike. that is a pretty crazy problem, but the best thing you can do is get it on a buddies truck and take it to the dealer. since its still under warrenty, you can have it back and fixed for free.

·
Registered
16 Posts
do you have a power commander on the bike? If so, unplug it and see if that helps. Mine had the same problems and it turned out to be the PC3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts