1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just got back and there were way too many choppers!

There was also allot of Joe Rocket stuff, it was everywhere!

If you plan on buying gear dont bother going!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Was there not a show in December 2005?
Yes but this one is way better.
have to disagree with you there, couple years back the manufactures got fed up with the flea market atmosphere of this show started having the one in december, I mean when I go to a bike show I want to see bikes and apparrel, having to wade through 15 vendors selling tube socks is just annoying

·
Registered
55 Posts
I guess i was wrong this show wasnt as good as i expected but i got a set of stands for 170.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The Calgary one was alright, same shit different year, I did pick up a little brother for the 1k though, The white Gixxer 6 will have a home in my garage come March! Cant wait!

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I guess i was wrong this show wasnt as good as i expected but i got a set of stands for 170.
What type of stands did you get? Did the guy selling them on GDC ever get back to you for shipping to Canada?

·
Registered
55 Posts
What type of stands did you get? Did the guy selling them on GDC ever get back to you for shipping to Canada?
He never got back to me so i did some looking into it and by the time it was shipped from him to me it was 35shipping+taxes+brokerage so i was guessin it would have been close to or over 200 so i got some at the show.They are made by bikelift i believe and i got home put the bike up on them and am very happy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was there on Saturday and managed to find a Shoei X-11 for $600 tax in for my friend, it was not my size and a pair of badass A-Stars gloves that are normally $175 for $60 tax in for my other friend, they were too small for me. There were some good deals out there, but none in my size.

But there was some eye candy though

·
Registered
235 Posts
Was there not a show in December 2005?
Yes but this one is way better.
have to disagree with you there, couple years back the manufactures got fed up with the flea market atmosphere of this show started having the one in december, I mean when I go to a bike show I want to see bikes and apparrel, having to wade through 15 vendors selling tube socks is just annoying
I agree. The "supershow" was a complete waste of time. I did manage to pick up a set of K2 Metzler Racetecs for $325, but aside from that it was brutal. I won't be returning next year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts