Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OMG, best story I have to tell you guys like right now.

Ok, my buddy David had a 2005 gixxer 750 and had it stolen last month right from his apartment complex. The bike was locked and was pinned between a dumpster and a car. In the process of removing the bike between the two objects, they scratched the hell out of the car and a bit on the bike.

So my friend was aimlessly been keeping tabs on a few websites such as craigslist, ebay, a few gixxer sites for people selling parts or bikes without titles. Well, he got lucky today and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-Suzuki-GSX-R-750-Blue-Whtie-Low-Miles_W0QQitemZ170042610220QQihZ007QQcategoryZ50029QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The guy was located in Durham. He noticed that the front tire was dunlop and the rear was a pirelli strata (I sold him the new set of pirelli's a week before his bike got stolen) from the 4th picture so my friend went up to look at the bike in person at the guy's house. On inspection, he also noticed a few memorable scratches on the bike when he accidentally keyed the tank, the impression of a sticker that he got from the dragon, some more scratches on the side of the bike when the thieves were removing the bike from the apartment complex.

When the guy wasn't looking, he put his key in the ignition and it turned without a hitch. He shook hands with the asshole and said he'll come back tomorrow with a certified check. After he left, he called the cops on the SOB and within hours, SWAT and tons of cop cars were outside of his house and did a sting operation. Glad cops are finally doing something, but after my friend did all of the investigative work...

The suspects were both 20 (one latino other white) and somehow got a key made for the bike. The frame was swapped with a another one and they claim that they got the parts for the bike from someguy in Virginia... Yeah... ok. The asshole was also riding it around town without any plates and we don't know if the new frame even has a legal title. He's waiting to take ownership of his bike, but it will prolly take atleast a week. You know how slow they are...

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
great story. i like that your friend had the maturity to be alone with the fool that stole his bike and had the patience to call the police. If I had that much evidence that my bike was stolen by a guy that I was alone in a room with, one of us wouldn't leave alive.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dJt3xtbook said:
great story. i like that your friend had the maturity to be alone with the fool that stole his bike and had the patience to call the police. If I had that much evidence that my bike was stolen by a guy that I was alone in a room with, one of us wouldn't leave alive.
yeah, If that was me, I would have beaten the guy to death... No one messes with my babies. I told him that if he called me before he called the cops, I would have gotten 10 of my friend and pay the assholes a little visit. But atleast know, we get the comfort that their assholes will be raped for few years in prision. They were charged and hopefully will be sentenced to 4 years in jail.

BTW, this is the 4th close friend of mine that had their ride jacked since summer and our riding groups is only like 8 guys. It really sucks when half of your close buddies stopped riding because of assholes who steal their ride.

I've also been a victim but in the other since when I got conned into buying a stolen bike when I thought it was legal. Asshole had forged papers and the cops thought I was the one who stole it... Let me 4k out of my pocket, a bad taste in my mouth, and so much legal shit that I could kill someone. I wasn't mad that I lost the money, but how I was treated by the cops and the legal system and ended up losing more money in the courts. I got all charged dropped but it left me so pissed off that I was almost gonna drop out of motorcycling forever.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Great story. I personally wouldn't even want it back after a pair of cocksuckers like that stole and fucked around with it doing who knows what.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
dJt3xtbook said:

Amen to that... that SOB would have my Polo boot pemanently stuck up his ass and all of his knuckles would have been broken with a ball peen hammer. Sad thing is, he'll probably just get probation. Glad you caught the fucker though!!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
b.t.w. i think its time for your friend to get a new ignition for the bike.

but man, that sucks, totally. i dont know what you've got in the states, but here we have a rev's (register of encumbered vehicles) check, which is valid for the immediate 24 hours after it was ordered. It can flag if a bike/car/whatever has got finance against it, or if it's flagged as stolen. If you buy a certificate for a vehicle, and the police later claim its stolen, then its kind of a get out of jail free card as you can fall back in the revs check and get your money back through there. Worth paying the $12 for insurance like that.

·
Registered
590 Posts
You're friend should send donuts or something to the cops for being so quick to jump on this for him.

Really glad to hear the occasional good ending to a bike theft story.

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
good story, glad your friend got his scooter back and the bad guys..well they'll be back on the street in no time..

sad part is your friend had to do the "investigation"..with out his work, the law would'nt of had anything to do that day.

·
Professional Scumbag
518 Posts
man great stuff! its not hard to get a key made i remember once i lost my bike key and all i did was mount it on the back of my truck and drive it to my nieghborhood keymaker they didnt even ask me for proof of ownership.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I posted this story on my college website as well, funny enough a few of the guys found a picture of the guy and knew the guy. They gave me his username on a few other websites and forums.

Apparently, the guy has been selling lots of motorcycle parts and bikes... Such as a 929, 954, f4i, and a few gixxers at low prices... Caused for suspision so we forwarded the info onto the police detective of our findings. Might build a stronger case and have multiple charges if they were indeed stolen... But he sold a 2003 954 for 3200... That's not a red flag... :rolleyes

·
Banned
3,512 Posts
damn that is a lucky bastard. I have to give him props to being calm and also investigating the whole thing. Glad he got it back.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Question, the motor has the identification number on the engine block. Where exactly is it located?

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
good job, but its hardly the cops responsibility to back up ever stolen motorcycle, nor would they have any idea what to look for such as what your friend was able to look for.

glad it worked out for him though.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.