Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Eastern US trackday organization has the most stringent rules on bike prep? I'm finalizing my trackbike and I don't want to get failed at tech because I didn't have a couple bolts wired. I've heard of a couple orgs that want the hose clamps all wired. I figured if I find out who has the toughest requirements and meet those requirements, I'm good to go.

So far, I've got the obvious:
oil plug
oil filter
oil fill cap
radiator cap
front axle pinch bolts
front brake caliper mounting bolts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any hose clamps holding a fluid
Any bolts holding a fluid, oil galley plugs, clutch/crank service plugs, etc
brake banjos
brake reservoirs
brake mounting bolts
exhaust bolts
rear axle nut, if you dont have a locking cotter pin

·
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My luck, drilling the plugs won't go well. There's a few that have never been removed. Judging by what I saw on the crank timing plug, there's not a lot of material to drill. I understand hose clamps and such, but do track day orgs really require these plugs? Do you have a link to the organizer's site that lists these requirements?

Also, the axle sliders I got (motovation) came with a self-locking rear axle nut. Do those usually pass inspection?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
WERA is the most strict race org as far as safety wiring goes. As for track day orgs, most only require safety wiring in the advanced group, and even then it is usually only oil plug/filter and radiator cap/hoses.

·
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good stuff guys. AntD, do you know about the pinned vs. self locking question above?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
For track days self locking should be fine. For racing you need pinned and safety wired rear axle nut.

·
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hard to pin an axle that has sliders through it..... I'll figure something out. Besides, if it's pinned, what do you safety wire?

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
Not very many requirements just for track days. Hell even for CCS racing the only things you HAVE to deliberately safety wire are the oil fill and drain and the oil filter.

If you enjoy safety wiring and/or plan to progress to racing at some point and want to give yourself a head start then certainly have at it.

·
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not something that's really hard to do, and I'm not really interested in racing. I just figure if I setup to the strictest requirements, I won't have any surprises that may ruin my weekend. Peace of mind really.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
My luck, drilling the plugs won't go well. There's a few that have never been removed. Judging by what I saw on the crank timing plug, there's not a lot of material to drill. I understand hose clamps and such, but do track day orgs really require these plugs? Do you have a link to the organizer's site that lists these requirements?

Also, the axle sliders I got (motovation) came with a self-locking rear axle nut. Do those usually pass inspection?
I've never seen a track day org require oil galley plugs.

For wera I rtv the oil galleys.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Hard to pin an axle that has sliders through it..... I'll figure something out. Besides, if it's pinned, what do you safety wire?
Drill the axle nut through a corner. Then safety wire the nut per usual. For wera you can use an r clip through the hole you drilled (or through the hole where the cotter pin goes on a castle nut) so you don't have to rewire

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
Fwiw i don't think I've ever seen a racer with an axle slider :dunno and we've already talked about that the are basically pointless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts