Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help here. Recently down my 09 600 and it’s been running hot ever since. Example: I start the bike up, staring temp is 86 degrees And if let running will over heat above 220. But the fan kicks on at 220 degrees but the bike temp still goes up. That is until I give it throttle the temp will then drop down but then go back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
more description here, what you mean when you say "will overheat" the gauge goes up? the reservoir spits up? got video

the engine will continue to rise even with fan on, takes a minute to catch up, should bring her down to around 218f or so... will overheat?

do you have a thermal sensor? laser is best, find the other thread same thing and go over the steps, or follow service manual steps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Example: fire the bike up, starting temp is 85 degrees F. As the bike sits and idles the temp rises above 220 degrees F. Fan does kick on at 220 but the temp still continues to climb above 230. Until I give it gas and it comes back down. Did a coolant flush with fresh coolant and still the same problem. Coolant does not spit out

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,933 Posts
"Recently down my 09 600"
What does that mean? I'm guessing that the radiator is blocked or something similar. The temperature should quickly go down when the fan comes on. Is is located where it should be? Have you been fiddling with the thermostat?

·
Premium Member
7,845 Posts
well i dont think its an issue if it comes back down at 230, sitting still, try riding it and see how it behaves off lights and so forth, is this hot weather or what cuz when its 116 my bikes doesn't cool down till 230 or so, just so hard to keep up best to not let it get there if at all possible, manual fan switch, had one, removed it to clean it up,. lost track of it, need to get the nice one off the bay and drill out the valance panel there so its clean, stead of dangling there.. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts