Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there hopefully someone can give me an idea of what to check on my 97 600 SRAD.

Was driving home today and gave it a bit of throttle but nothing crazy was maybe up at 11k rpm.

I then came to a roundabout and had to drop down to first. It made a bad chugging sound when taking off. I then came to a crossroads and the bike again was chugging while I was waiting behind a van, I then went to pull away and the bike stalled. When it was above around 4/5k revs it sounded fine.

I've now got it back on my paddock stand still warm and tried to turn it on and it won't start.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I managed to get it started again first time once it cooled down a bit.

A few things have went through my mind. The fact that it wouldn't start hot makes me think that it could be overfuelling coupled with the fact it was needing high revs to take off?

Do you think it would likely be a carb issue?

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
You could pull your oil fill cap and smell. If it smells like fuel, it’s a high chance your flooding the thing and need to change the oil/filter/plugs then give the carbs a going threw.

But it’s hard to say. It could be your still learning the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.