Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't touched my bike in a couple of months due to work. Came back to a battery that wouldn't hold charge and bike didn't crank so i replaced it. Now it has a new battery and it cranks but wont start. It's giving me a code of C00 which is know is no fault. Yet my baby still doesn't start. Any suggestions? Summer is coming up and I want to get her nice and ready!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm no expert but been though enough of these happenings with enough different bikes to know to start simple. Step 1, Make sure you're not flooding it, it could need a 20-30 minute rest if it gets really flooded. (my bike likes just a tiny bit of throttle when it's starting super cold (in cold) but it's very easy to overdo it) Step 2, check the battery, replace if necessary (you've done that). Step 3, pull the plugs, make sure they are clean & properly gaped, replace if in question. Step 4, check the fuel supply ( how old is the gas? filter clogged? can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key? etc). Step 5, you're pulling out the manual or going to your mechanic....

Are you getting a fuel smell when you try to start it? That is one indicator that the cylinders should be getting fuel but may be flooding or weak / no spark.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts