Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend has a 2000 suzuki tl1000r. He took it for a ride last week and it acted like it was losing power. Seem like it was bogging down. Was wondering if it could be exhaust, fuel filter. Any help would be great.

·
Master Debater
587 Posts
Bogging is usually fuel system related. The bike could be starving for fuel. Check tank venting, fuel filter, pump, lines, injectors, clean tank etc. Other than that which is most common it can be a few other things... If your boyfriend is not mechanically inclined and doesn't own a service manual and tools he should really have a professional look at it. It can get dangerous if he doesn't know what he's doing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It may be simpler than that. I see this thread has been a while but just in case: The TL suffers from electrical issues as it aged. I would check on electrical connectors on the left side near the ram air and the starter relay connector.

There are also a few other switches that may render the same symptoms if they are loose.

The "bog down" description will need to be a little more specific in order to provide a little more.

ie.: was the bog down at steady speed? or at accelaration? What RPM? (2nd injector rails activate at 6000rpm) Any loss of dash lights? headlights flickering? etc...

You may also want to look up the TL specific forum: a wealth of knowledge there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It may be simpler than that. I see this thread has been a while but just in case: The TL suffers from electrical issues as it aged. I would check on electrical connectors on the left side near the ram air and the starter relay connector.

There are also a few other switches that may render the same symptoms if they are loose.

The "bog down" description will need to be a little more specific in order to provide a little more.

ie.: was the bog down at steady speed? or at accelaration? What RPM? (2nd injector rails activate at 6000rpm) Any loss of dash lights? headlights flickering? etc...

You may also want to look up the TL specific forum: a wealth of knowledge there.

By TL specific you should point out TLPlanet. TLZone has become a corporate owned pile of crap. :cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
gravitysucks
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing