Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to this sight. I got a 07 GSXR 600 a few months back and since I got it it runs great on lower rpms but seems to hit a flat spot around 10k rpms. Sometimes randomly while accelerating hard. I called the Suzuki dealership and they said it sounds fuel related. Maybe clogged fuel filter in thinking? Idk but it's really bugging me. Any help would be appreciated so I don't have to pay the dealership! TIA

·
Premium Member
764 Posts

·
Premium Member
73,374 Posts
+1 on doing a fuel flow test. Let us know the results.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Inside of the fuel tank looks clean as far as no debris or anything from what I can see. I'll have to order the tool to check the fuel pressure. It looks like it should be at about 43psi. On the mean time would it be worth my time to try giving the fuel pump screen a clean? And should I just order the tool from eBay? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Fuel flow test... Pressure test is different.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, I think flow test is what I'm looking for. Sorry, first bike and new to this so I'm basically trying to figure it out as I go.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
There's an internal high pressure filter in your fuel pump housing. Which, after years becomes a mess of sludge. Not enough flow. Not the external screen. Very common issue. Comes up every day. Site is filled with threads on this exact matter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts