Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
fucked with Dark Dilly and lost
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i set my bike up in stands the bike leans a lil to the right...i have a pit bull rear stand and a vortex front....the front lifts from inbetwwen the forks with the pin...so i know it has to be the rear.... even i lift from the swingarm it still leans....

ne one else notice if thier bike does this......

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
14,787 Posts
No problems with a rear pitbull here. Quick question though... don't the pitbulls have 2 positions for the wheels (think I saw that somewhere)? Maybe one is high and one is low?

·
Registered
404 Posts
My bike looks to be leaning a lil to one side on my rear stand as well. My stand isn't the problem as when used on other bikes it is straight. I think the problem for me is how Suzuki welded the rear spool support attachments is not eaqual or something. If I use the pads instead of the spools I can get it straight, but it is a pain to use the pads versus the spools.:hammer

·
Registered
404 Posts
When I use mine with the spools it leans a bit to one side, and yes I have both spool and pad attachments for my stands so I am using it correctly. When I use this stand on my neibors R1 with spools it is straight. Just off on my GSXR/

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Are you sure its leaning? Or is it just off-center?
The swingarm is not centered with the rear tire, you know, because of the sprocket on the left side.

·
Registered
404 Posts
av_fan said:
Are you sure its leaning? Or is it just off-center?
The swingarm is not centered with the rear tire, you know, because of the sprocket on the left side.
Uh.... Yeah pretty sure, doesnt really bother me though. The bike is plenty stable. Just looks a bit funny. Hell it was still standing after the earth quakes here a week ago, so not really a big deal.

·
fucked with Dark Dilly and lost
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah when i use the spools and the swingarm both are leaning...not bad but noticable...but still i'm able to sit on it and lean on it while its up on stands so its plenty stable just wondering if neone else has this lil problem...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Mine does that too, but I always figured it was the stand having a little different height on one side. Bike has always been stable though, and never had any scary moments.

Check to make sure the tabs where your spools mount isn't bending or moving. A couple people have had those snap off, and send their bike to the ground. As long as the mounts are in good shape, don't worry about it, she'll be fine.

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
well just be glad you don't have a 929 without the spacers. if you want to see leaning on a stand that is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.