Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so last night, I start my bike up and its hard to start. Even harder than normal. I get it warmed up and it still wants to die. I figure I should just get it home. When I start riding, it ws really choppy at low RPMs, almost like I was running out of gas. I checked and I had gas in the tank and gas in the fuel line. It smoothed out when I got it revving higher but it was still down on power. When I got it onto my driveway, it finally died on me. It was late so I didn't try starting it again (Vance & Hines SS pipe).

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Getting gas to the carbs, but 1) enough and 2) to all the carbs?

Could have a pinched line under the tank or a leaky vacuum line to the petcock. Shine a flashlight into the tank where the petcock sticks up and see if you can spot any spooge crudding up the outside.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
17,289 Posts
I had the same problem..i checked the petcock, carbs, all the fuel lines..turns out it was my coils....pull one plug and set against the cylinder head and try to start the bike..if theres no spark you got dead coils..

spike52

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, so I took my bike in and I had a clogged jet and my float levels were too high. It ran a little better after that but now I find out that one of my plugs isn't firing at idle. If you rev it up a bit, it fires but stops when you go back to idle.

It still sputters and stalls. How would I check my coil and would this be why the bike runs like this? Now, even at high RPM on the highway, when I twist the throttle, it lurches and misses. What's going on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts