Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question as i can see Bike is Much more faster and can feel acceleration at night than day. Whats the reason ? I mean at night temperature is lower and thats reason but . I am asking faster becouse that farenheits in cooling system is lower ? Or becouse of AFR or whats the reason ?

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
A lot of variables with engine performance, but there could be a few things that are night and day. :lol

1. Temperature. Cold air is more dense.

2. Most likely, you live in a very humid place and when it gets cold at night, the temp falls below the dew point- meaning the water vapor in the air falls out. In places at 35 celsius and over 90% humidity cool to 20 degrees, even though humidity remains at 90%, the actual volume of water in the air decreases by well over 50%.

3. Check your air filter and Intake Air sensor for dirt. This may be making issues worse.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,816 Posts
The reason my bike is SLOWER at night is because due to lower light and less visibility I don't twist the throttle as much.

·
Super Moderator
14,990 Posts
Nighttime and colder months are good for at least 3-5 ft/lbs of torque I swear. :banana

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have a question as i can see Bike is Much more faster and can feel acceleration at night than day. Whats the reason ? I mean at night temperature is lower and thats reason but . I am asking faster becouse that farenheits in cooling system is lower ? Or becouse of AFR or whats the reason ?
Could it be that there is less traffic and so you open the throttle more?

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
It's the same reason 2 air crafts of equal weight in hot Summer will need more runway than in cold Winter. Air is more dense when cold than when hot, so the ram air/engine is getting more air and the cool air keeps engine heat down, heat robs HP. I haven't noticed this effect on my K8 750 but certainly feel a difference in my ram air car, according to my butt dyno.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Absolutly right , you can feel huge differance in cold weather , and is there any way to install somthing to send cold air in engine even in hot days to have great performance when racing or going on drag ? I mean some kind of trick or somthing to install in intakrs or airbox for cooling air more than stock

·
Ex-Lady Supermod
16,100 Posts
You could try filling your air box with dry ice? Back in the day when I had an intercooled turbo Mustang, I was told to put ice on the intercooler for performance gain, of course I never tried it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What are you using for data recording?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts