Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike has been sitting for a while and i\'m getting clutch chatter.

Bike has been sitting for a while. When i leave the line in first, I'm getting some ugly clutch chatter. When i'm mving and I shift into higher gears, I don't notice anything. The clutch is not slipping at all uder any load.

Is this the plates being stuck together over time and they need to loosen up? Or is this new clutch time? I did a little burnout the other night and the chatter went away for a little bit, but yesterday morning it came back. Just wondering if I should just really loosen her up with a big burnout or if i should be babying her till I put a new clutch in. i'm going to change the oil to see if this helps also.

thanks, ronnie

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
Re: Bike has been sitting for a while and i\'m getting clutch chatter.

the plates are probably too dry......it will likely 'fix' itself if you ride it a bit, but you can try soaking the plates in some oil overnight as you would with a brand new clutch, that should also work.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Went out riding all day today, seems to be getting better. Maybe i'm just getting used to it

Anyways, will take it apart this weeka nd separate them to soak them. Thanks, for the tip.

ronnie

·
Registered
893 Posts

If you take it apart, inspect them for any signs of damage & measure the friction plates. Make sure they are within specs. I don't know what they are (I need to get a manual) but you can get that info from a Suzuki shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts