Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gents,I have a buddy with a 92 gsxr 1100,the bike is stock except for some 40mm mikuni carbs,he also has a yosh race only 50 teeth sprocket,When he had his stock carbs on 36mm,he was faster,I mean the 40mm mikunis slowed him down dramatically,they seem to be jetted right no flat spots or hesitation.Is this normal? are the carbs too big for his combo? any input is gratly appreciated.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
the 40mm mikunis came stock on the european and canadian 1100's. they sacrifice a bit of midrange for a harder topend hit. but the thing is, the euro/canadian 1100's have different ecu's, and maybe different cam timing (somebody correct me if i'm wrong), to suit those larger carbs.

basically, if the 40's are jetted right yet he still gets better results with the 36's, he should stick with the 36's.

i'm sure somebody else here would have more insight.

·
Registered
526 Posts
your right on this one jeff....He could try leaning out the bigger carbs. I wonder if he's got the stock airbox or k&n's.....another thing to try is messing with the lengths of the intake boots to move the power around..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is not running any filter at all,they 're just out in the open so they're getting plenty of air,Hell i also have a f4 thats been jetted w/a pipe and I kill him everytime we race, go figure

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he has not tried filters on the carbs,thats a good idea though,I'll tell him to do that and we'll see what happens,cant hurt anyway

·
Registered
0 Posts
i have 750r carb(37mm) on my 1127 , more torque, 180 jets and 4 separate kn, devil exhoust.
sprocket 17#56
for 10 years never failed me, bigger aint always better i suppose...
greetings martijn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts