Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 project 89 kat 600s in my garage now,(will use both to make one mint one) and a 98 Bandit 600, I keep hearing that the oil cooled gixxers make awsome street fighters, and I was wondering what the main differences were between my Kats and a Gixxer? don't know much about the older bikes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
besides kats being chick bikes (except for fast cat), just look at the two bikes. one (gix) is more of a race style of riding, where the other is set up for more of a cruising style of riding. some of the kats have the same motor as the gix just with different gearing.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
The motor is about the only similarity they have. Frame, suspension, plastic, seat...all different. There is limited compatibility/crossover between the Kat/Bandit/gixxer's.

If you wanted to drop a gixxer 1100 motor or a Bandit 1200 motor in any of those 600's it will bolt right in.

Or if you wanted a neutered gixxer you could put a 600 motor in...but that would be pointless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, thats kinda what I had thought, oh well, build the Kat for the girlfriend as originally planned, and waste no more money than that (sure will be nice not to have to ride 2 up all the time!)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
If you wanted to drop a gixxer 1100 motor or a Bandit 1200 motor in any of those 600's it will bolt right in.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">except for the water coolers. 93-98 1100s and 92-95 750s(93 for the US)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My plan for now is to fix up the cleaner of the 2 Kats I have and put my Bandit 600 motor in it (only has 9000 miles on it) and have that for my G/F to ride, one of the Kats has a good motor, but I don't know what I will do with that yet. Then over the winter I wanna build a 1216cc for the bandit along with some other upgrades, but I am having a hard time finding either a gixxer 1100 motor or a B12 motor/carbs, the search continues!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts