Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 gsxr 750 is dying once it hits about 220 degrees it just shuts off but around 198 it kinda jumps about 200 rpms and back down to "normal" idle but it will do this a few times before actually turning off! But once it turns off it will start, but will die right away.. then it will have trouble starting.. but I'll let it cool down then start it again ride it for a bit it rides fine... until it gets around 198 then it will start jerking and sputtering then it just shuts off.. ive checked the stator the rectifier the batter.. and I'm getting no codes... Im out of ideas. anyone have any? HELP ME PLEASE?!?! Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
03 Gsxr1000
104 Posts
It might be your ecu. Does it start to mis fire all over the place before it finally dies?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be your ecu. Does it start to mis fire all over the place before it finally dies?
No when I'm riding it. It will kind of buck like it turns off for a second then turns back on. Then it just stalls.. I have a video of it just idling then turning off if that will help?

·
Registered
03 Gsxr1000
104 Posts
Check the connections on the ecu. It’s not a power failure since the gauge and lights don’t flash. put some ice on the ecu when it’s at the 220 . If there’s even a little change, then you’ve found it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check the connections on the ecu. It’s not a power failure since the gauge and lights don’t flash. put some ice on the ecu when it’s at the 220 . If there’s even a little change, then you’ve found it.
So if it doesnt work have any other ideas I was thinking ect sensor or some kind of temp sensor

·
Registered
03 Gsxr1000
104 Posts
I’ve had good luck with eBay on ecu.
ill also feel if you own a older bike that’s having problems , it’s a good idea to have a spare since it’s really difficult to diagnose .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve had good luck with eBay on ecu.
ill also feel if you own a older bike that’s having problems , it’s a good idea to have a spare since it’s really difficult to diagnose .
So I found out it's not the ecu. I'm thinking maybe the stator or the R/R or both? Might just be the R/R

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried your little ice trick didnt do anything... I'm and it's not the R/R or stator I just changed the whole fuel pump... I've tried everything at this point.. might just have to take it to a shop.. I cant figure it out.. it's like the bike just cuts the fuel off.. completely. But starts right back up...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Once a Car Bumped me from the back on my bike, at a yield intersection , did not seem bad, - did not drop the bike , was hit on back wheel, petrol was flowing from carbs, then stopped , bike started fine again - so told guy which bumped be no concern - was only bumped on rear tire of bike. About a week later going home from work , the bike cut out - Temperature was too high - sensor had picked up the over heating , so was thinking cold be similar on your side with one of the protective sensors on the motor? - what had happened to my bike is in the second carb the one lug which hold the float had came off from the shock from the bump, the float was lying sideways so fuel was bypassing all the time and filling up the combustion chamber - when starting bike started no problem ran fine - but the fuel was pushing past the rings and filled the crank case with a oil fuel mixture , this lead to the bikes head over heating - the gaskets were fused into the head and tappet cover , rings all spaghetti form over heating , major damage - maybe check the Sensors - these will cause the bike to cut out as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Once a Car Bumped me from the back on my bike, at a yield intersection , did not seem bad, - did not drop the bike , was hit on back wheel, petrol was flowing from carbs, then stopped , bike started fine again - so told guy which bumped be no concern - was only bumped on rear tire of bike. About a week later going home from work , the bike cut out - Temperature was too high - sensor had picked up the over heating , so was thinking cold be similar on your side with one of the protective sensors on the motor? - what had happened to my bike is in the second carb the one lug which hold the float had came off from the shock from the bump, the float was lying sideways so fuel was bypassing all the time and filling up the combustion chamber - when starting bike started no problem ran fine - but the fuel was pushing past the rings and filled the crank case with a oil fuel mixture , this lead to the bikes head over heating - the gaskets were fused into the head and tappet cover , rings all spaghetti form over heating , major damage - maybe check the Sensors - these will cause the bike to cut out as well.
See I was thinking it was the ect sensor. Telling the bike to go in to a "safe mode" or "limp mode" because its getting to hot.. but it happened yesterday at 170 would start right after then run for a second then just shut off like it wasnt getting fuel..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts