Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cruising along, second gear ..all of a sudden she conked out completely. all the lights work cluster etc.. but when I push the start button, NOTHING, not even a sound. I tried to pop start it a few times, no good just bogged out. HELP BOYS

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
There is two things I would check.. One, if you remove the leftside (if sitting on the bike) bodywork, there will be a yellow plug there... Check every connection in there...

Next, if you remove the tail section, there is a a black plug on the leftside, it goes from the rectifier to the bike.. They tend to melt...

Now that I think about it... First I would check the 30amp fuse that is on the leftside of the bike in the tail section. You should be able to trace the power wire from the battery to the starter relay and that is were the fuse is..

John

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
BTW that also assumes that you have checked all the fuses on the leftside ramair tube...

John

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies freak, Turns out some wires were rubbin up against the radiator(fuel pump wires) they melted down. The guys in the shop could have told me my engine was blown and I would have been clueless.

Shout out to Adrenaline Cycles in Staten Island

1 - 4 of 4 Posts