Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Thanks for your advice and taking the time to help on a question that I am sure is asked all the time by people new to motorbikes.
Have learned a lot just going through the process of troubleshooting.

Will update when I am back on the road :)
Your welcome, true bikers here like to keep each other on the road, we all started somewhere,good luck.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Thanks for your advice and taking the time to help on a question that I am sure is asked all the time by people new to motorbikes.
Have learned a lot just going through the process of troubleshooting.

Will update when I am back on the road :)
I rebuilt my entire bike. Used the aftermarket starter rebuild kit and it works great in my case. FYI I will admit aftermarket is always hit and miss though IMO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

All fixed and back together again, new starter brush set seems fine, indistinguishable from the OEM part. Time will tell how long they last.

Cheers all! Job done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Great job, which make brushes did you go with in the end.
Went for the aftermarket Mitsuba brush repair kit. It comes with both brushes as a kit (the brush/positive nut assembly and the brush/plate assembly).
Didn't take a photo before I put it back together but it is identical to the OEM part I was replacing, and half the price.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Went for the aftermarket Mitsuba brush repair kit. It comes with both brushes as a kit (the brush/positive nut assembly and the brush/plate assembly).
Didn't take a photo before I put it back together but it is identical to the OEM part I was replacing, and half the price.
Nice to know for future reference, not very often do people give feedback, thank you.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts