Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a cover for my K5, and was wondering whats a real good one that will protect it from the rain?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Good luck getting a response on this. I asked the same question about a year ago, and everyone was too fuckin lazy to go outside and look at what brand their cover is, and how they like it.

Anyhow...I have a Motor Sport cover that I bought at the local dealership. It has an elastic skirt around the base, and bungee hooks to make sure it stays on in the wind. I like it well enough, but I bought a large, and I think I should have gotten a medium. if you want to spent around $400 their are companies that make little bike tent/garage things. Not sure what the brand is though.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
The Suzuki covers are nice. I have my bikes in the garage, so they never see the elements. I have heard that the covers are nice with the weather too, but that is second hand info there.......

Rob

·
Sexy Irish Man God
20,879 Posts
Just get a generic brand one. Do not get one that says GSXR1000 or anything like that, if you do you are basically telling a thief what is under the cover. I used an old FZR cover for my Gix when I parked it outside. I poured oil and dirt all over that bastard to make it look like there was a total pos under the cover. After that I never once had another thief try and steal her.

Goto a local bike shop and take a look at what they got

·
Registered
144 Posts
I jus made my girl buy me mine Casue I refused to stay at her house if I don't have one she bought me a Gaurdian cover from My local Bike shop

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
make sure it has a soft inner lineing. i had a cheap cover and it put some light scatches inmy paint. it was also a half cover. if you want it i'll give it to ya for shipping.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
i have the cyclevault covers in my shop and for my bike. top notch. they completely enclose the bike and they have a fleece inner liner to keep your paint looking good. they are a few $$$ under $300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts