Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
I live like 5 minutes from you haha. Im pretty sure i saw you riding yesterday. Not to many people around here have your bike. Do you have a black gsxr textile jacket?
I was riding yesterday at like six and I have a black joe rocket textile jacket but I live 4 hours away from syracuse.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Sounds just like me. I am 17 and have a gixxer 600 as my main mode of transportation. If the weather really sucks then I will drive my moms car, but it is amazing what you can do with a gixxer and a back pack. lol
Yea I manage to carry everything I need to school in my back pack and just leave a change of shoes at school.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea I manage to carry everything I need to school in my back pack and just leave a change of shoes at school.
Same here. That is a good idea with the shoes but what do you do with your helmet? My helmet won't fit in my locker. The only problem I have with riding to school is sometimes people try and mess with my bike. If I had a car I am sure no one would bother it and it does not help that I am the only student who has a motorcycle.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Gotta have a car....but i guess it depends where you live....if it gets colder than 40 i dont think id wanna be on a bike

·
Registered
838 Posts
I used to uninsure my car during spring/summer and ride only my 600. My GSX-R has seen sun/rain/100+ km/h winds/-12 degrees in the winter/snow/ice and overall hell. I always ride if I can. Car would've been smart but I was 19 at the time and buying a bike was the best thing I did... in 2006.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
I had both, but I'm trying to buy a house so I sold my Camaro a few weeks ago so it's strictly Gixxer now. My wife still has her car tho so if its raining hard I just take her Cobalt. I do miss having a car though.

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Is this what the bike only guys look like some days?? Maybe Bob on the way home from the store when he's really hungry? :lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
one of my buddies has a cbr1000 as his only vehicle. one day we were out riding n he needed dogfood, so he had his girl on the back holding a 50LB bag. it was hilarious.

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Same here. That is a good idea with the shoes but what do you do with your helmet? My helmet won't fit in my locker. The only problem I have with riding to school is sometimes people try and mess with my bike. If I had a car I am sure no one would bother it and it does not help that I am the only student who has a motorcycle.
I go to a small school of like 300 kids so if anyone touched my bike I would know about it. As for my helmet I just leave it in the main office. You can leave it one of your friends cars though.

I am also the only kid with a bike so it gets attention but not in a bad way.

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
I have 2 cars and the SRAD. Before we got the Maxima my wife took the Durango to work and the bike was my DD. I rode it everywhere during the winter also. GSXR and a backpack all all you need during the riding season.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought a bike first could have bought a good car though but i always had a passion for motorcycles so choice was easy:D, but ill go for my car driving licence in the summer vacation, i already have more then enough money for a car so going to buy my mazda RX 7 after summer vacation:thumbup

·
Registered
829 Posts
Its not as bad as you think...:lol.
In CA with the weather & lane sharing its a decent trade off!

In 15 or so years only 1 parking facility tried to charge me! I wanted to leave the bike on the first floor under the stairs for security reasons & the valet attendant demanded i pay because the first floor was theirs....

I gave him my key with $5- & said fine....Park it!!:lol
The manager came, $5- stayed in my pocket & the bike under the stairs...:punk

Is this what the bike only guys look like some days?? Maybe Bob on the way home from the store when he's really hungry? :lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had just my bike for two years now. I'm one of those annoying people that asks others to borrow their car when I need to move stuff. :p Pretty much everything I need is within walking distance so winter, bad weather, repairs, etc. are not too difficult to deal with.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts