Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
I think very few. I know I have 4 cars & only 2 bikes. I couldn't imagine having no car at all.

·
Anyone want to do a trackday or go camping?
39,561 Posts
Yeah I personally think if u can't afford a car u shouldn't have a bike but tahts another subj. But to answer your question no I have 3 cars and 1 street bike.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i do. i had the money to buy a good car , but decided to go for a bike
everybody was telling me youll regret it buy a car first and a bike later and i was nononono i want a bike.

finally bought a bike the first 2 months was great after that i wish i would have bought a car first. im not saying im not happy with my bike i love it , but would have been a better choise go for a car first, theres a lot of things that you need a car to do and with a bike you cant.

and when something happens to the bike like my experiences (2 crashes and burnt clutch) i had to take the bus :crying

now im trying to safe money for a car im getting there but i throw all my money to my bike im addicted to her hehehe bikes rulz no matter what:cheers

Reactions: 750HyperSpace

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,130 Posts
I used to for like 6 months maybe 10 years ago. It sucked. Weather is one thing, you can dress for it and improve your bad weather skills - but you also lack load capacity badly. Gotta agree with 06, if you can't afford both get a cheap car until you can afford it.

And FWIW, a sport bike is not more economical to run than a small, modern car. Yes, you might get slightly better gas mileage but it needs more frequent servicing and tires don't last nearly as long.

·
Registered
183 Posts
oh yeah i forgot bout the weather, it sucks when its raining or its too damn cold. i tell you from experience buy a car then a bike

Reactions: 750HyperSpace

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,130 Posts
...besides, I need my car to tow my race bike to the track :lmao Can't ride it there :lmao

·
Registered
829 Posts
The advantages are i can park anywhere i please for the most part....
No one ever says, Bob, can i please borrow your car/truck so i can move/haul stuff!
No one asks for a ride & if they do i claim not to have a spare helmet!
My insurance is $85- & registration about the same every year...
I get great MPG & do all my own repairs/preventative maintenance...

I do miss not having a car for the obvious reasons such as bad weather but "make do" overall....

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Bob, do you live in a metro area? I can't imagine how you do some basic things - like grocery shopping - with only a bike unless stores are in walking distance. You obviously don't have kids to worry about either.

·
Track Pimp......who hates njracer and his love for
9,672 Posts
I think very few. I know I have 4 cars & only 2 bikes. I couldn't imagine having no car at all.
Money talks hu!!! Anyways I do have a bikes but i dont ride at the streets or canyon. Just track and racing only. Yes i do use cars everyday in my life its kind a sucks but it is what it is.

Turk

·
PM me for Brotection
57,513 Posts
I got by with only the bike for a year or so. I did have a car, but it was damaged in a hurricane and I didn't have money to fix it.

In retrospect, buying a cheap car instead of a new 600 would have been smarter, but bah, what fun is that :lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just have a bike but I am still in high school and live at home. Whenever I need a car I use my moms.
I live like 5 minutes from you haha. Im pretty sure i saw you riding yesterday. Not to many people around here have your bike. Do you have a black gsxr textile jacket?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just have a bike but I am still in high school and live at home. Whenever I need a car I use my moms.
Sounds just like me. I am 17 and have a gixxer 600 as my main mode of transportation. If the weather really sucks then I will drive my moms car, but it is amazing what you can do with a gixxer and a back pack. lol

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
i know a guy who bought a bike after wrecking his GSX eclipse into a guard rail..anyways guy then turned around and got a bike...yeah that lasted maybe 3 months and then he sold it

1 - 20 of 69 Posts