Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up ya'll i just got home from the hospital today. i wrecked two weeks ago. i fractured my pelvis and my left hip other than that im good.
i cant walk or attempmt to walk for a month.
i still cant remember the details of the wreck, when i can recal i'll post them im pretty sure i ran over a beer bottle or something at like 80 and the hadle bars went crazy and by the time i pulled them straight i was headed straight for the curb. i'll get back in a lil while.

dre

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
daaaaaaamn that sucks I too wrecked but you did at a high rate of speed I just low sided and hit a phone pole slide over the curb on my knee also that hurt like a bitch.!!!
damn. hope every things fine though i bet you'll slow it down a bit for a while. I know I did how did the bike come out...
pretty much gone.??

·
Registered
303 Posts
have a sane and quick recovery! glad ur still around =)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Take care Amigo

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i saw the bike today and what i thought i could salvage was is really bad shape.
really when i looked at the bike i dont know how i lived.
the entire sub-frame is severed from the bike, left handle bar is snaped off.
front rim is bent to shit from the curb i guess, there are no fairings on the bike at all, guess they never found them. other than that i think the motor would probally start right up it the gas tank was still on the bike. the frame looked a little scuffed but still shining.
pipe is gone, and what really pisses me of is i just put a new tire on the back damnit.
i guess i'll start saving money for another bike.
and yea your right crashing does suck. i feel helpless in the damn wheel chair.
i guess i got it better then some tho, when i was the hosp. i shared a room with another rider,
he said he had a cbr949 and he hit a telephone poll, he broke his whole left side, left arm,rist,hip,leg,and,ankle. so i guess i did better than him.
i know one thing tho next time i ride im wearing gear. i notice that when i crashed i had a protected jacket on ya kno back,elbow,shoulder protectors, i had a full face helmet and some jeans on. On my upper body where i had my jacket on i dont have a scratch on me, but where i had jeans on i broke bones so im deffinitly investing in gear.

·
Registered
27 Posts
June 18th 1999, friends & I were riding to go downtown Chicago and I got nailed by a drunk on I-90 in Chicago right at Foster, slid all the way through the gravel at the onramp pager shut off at 12:04am - 6th anniversary just past I still get weird driving/riding through there I paint, so wrecking something you've spent countless hours fixing/plastic welding, blocking, more sanding, painting, buffing and polishing almost every nut and bolt is twice as painful tore cartilage/damaged ACL and cracked left knee cap, roadrash galore still have nasty scar tissue on left knee, both elbows, hip and left forearm to my wrist ----- Things will heal man, you MUST get back on the bike though

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Don't rush things wait until you have healed. When you feel ready get back on the bike do it even if you have to borrow one. I had a bad accident manny years ago 67 Spent 3 weeks in the hospital, lost my left foot. I still ride

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im just trying to heal right now i plan to save 5 or 6k over the winter and buy another bike next march.
deffinitly another gixxer tho. i think i want another 750 not sure about size yet since it will probally be a late 90's or 00 model.
i just know i was real comfotable on my old 750 so a modern 750 should be enough of a upgrade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts