Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mechanic called me this morning, telling me my bike was ready. I went to pick it up and it wasn't ready :(

Since I was there and all geared-up, I took out this RC8 for the day. I just love the effortless power delivery of a big twin. I don't know if it's this bike or maybe I'm just getting old.... but after a 500km romp up in the hills, I was pretty worn-out (ass and wrists mostly).

·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice. I like the dry clutch and that distinct sound of pushing a wheelbarrow full of cutlery down the stairs :p

Since my ride on Saturday, I've been scanning ads for a similar scoot.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
That is actually a pretty good description of the clutch sound. But I love it.
I made the mistake of riding my friends 1290 Super Duke. It was eye opening.

·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is actually a pretty good description of the clutch sound. But I love it.
Hell yeah, I'd love everything about that bike. Except doing the valves but I'm a chicken. It's funny that I've always been afraid of owning a duc from a maintenance perspective.... but last year, I felt like something different and since it's actually a racing motor, I bought what is probably the most maintenance-intensive bike on the planet.

Believe it or not, this little 550 is the first V twin I've ever owned. But it's a fucking BEAST. It's like a CR500 with rabies.

I made the mistake of riding my friends 1290 Super Duke. It was eye opening.
Having recently experienced my first ride on a big KTM, I can relate. I've found two prospects within a 6 hour radius. Will be checking them both out and hopefully bringing one home this weekend.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Hell yeah, I'd love everything about that bike. Except doing the valves but I'm a chicken. It's funny that I've always been afraid of owning a duc from a maintenance perspective.... but last year, I felt like something different and since it's actually a racing motor, I bought what is probably the most maintenance-intensive bike on the planet.

Believe it or not, this little 550 is the first V twin I've ever owned. But it's a fucking BEAST. It's like a CR500 with rabies.

View attachment 573069

Having recently experienced my first ride on a big KTM, I can relate. I've found two prospects within a 6 hour radius. Will be checking them both out and hopefully bringing one home this weekend.

I have ridden that Aprillia sumo before. Its nuts. But yeah high maintenance. But what am I saying. Look at mine.
But mine came to me, I wasn't looking at all. It forced its way into my living room. I couldn't say no I had to let it in.
Good luck finding a nice project. What are you looking at? If i might ask.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts