Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I want to put a new chain & rear sprocket on my 91 7/11, I currently have a 14 front 43 rear but this is way way to low & not working for my ridding style (the rear sprocket is from a 750) I want to go big thinking some were in between 54 - 64 for the rear what are some of the sizes you guys have used or think will work well, I hardly break 100 Mph now days so im not worried about losing top speed and all the local young cats love to see the 91 wheelie, 1st too second are easy for the beast with that current gearing but I want to try some slow wheelies & make 3rd or any wheelies on that Gixxer easy, let me know what you guys think …

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
have you disengaged the wheelie wire on your 11. I run a 47 tooth sproket on mine and its pretty good all around. my top speed is even around 165-170

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
the 1100 models have a wire that retards the timeing in first gear to prevent the front tire from coming off the ground. you got to take the wire and disconnect it and run it to the bike ground

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have herd about this wheelie wire but I am not sure if it was done on my 7/11 ? I think half of the wire harness on my 1100 is from a 750 as it seams there is no redline or I have never hit it in 2nd gear or higher, I know this bike is fast but heavy anyway does anybody know what wire I cut or what do I do for the wheelie mod ? Is this what De-restricting means ?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
yeah if you unrestrict the retard it'll be faster i hear. you ever been to old skool . com.?? go there maybe you can find how to do it. plus alot more 7/11 stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts