Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
big n\' nasty v+h drag pipe?????

anyone running a street bike with the v+h open megaphone pipe i'm seeing on all the dragracers? how's the sound (i know it's damn loud, but how's the tone?) more importantly, how does it affect the ground clearance? i wanna run one on a streetfighter........

·
Registered
316 Posts
Re: big n\' nasty v+h drag pipe?????

I don't run one but I drag race and I'll tell you that a megaphone with no silencer plug in it loud as hell! (very raspy)It sounds like an open collector pipe but louder. If you are using the bike for the street just buy one with a removable plug. Ground clearance is limited especially if you lower the bike. Remember the pipe sits below your front peg and is parallel to the ground. No knee draggin' here! Also, unless you are running a motor bigger than 1200cc with a well flowing head you may not see any power gains.
-Dave

·
Registered
978 Posts

i run one on my 87 1100 on the STREET very loud!!!
it has a sweet sound at around 8000 rpm
i would like to find one of thoes plugs oilcooled92 was talking about so if anyone can help that would be great

p.s. if you run one on the street don't let the LAW see it

·
Registered
255 Posts

I put this on, its good loud fun!! But I'm afraid I'm having some jetting issues now

·
Registered
221 Posts

I can assure you that unless you have a modded motor that you will more likely lose than gain with the dragpipe even at peak RPM. Don't know why. You can't beat a DUPLEX system for a gsxr.My old 907 made 2 more peak Hp and much more torque and as much as 5hp thru the midrange with the duplex system as opposed to the sidewinder. Now after the headwork and flatslides the sidewinder made more HP but the torque curve looked like shit. Really is a drag only mod but I can't deny the looks and sound. Yes it severely limits the ground clearance on the right side. Of course if you only make left turns go for it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts