Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so Ive been to the track a few times and finally decided to get serious so my 03 1000 is now stretched 68” wb, front and rear lowered and front strapped, stock motor for now with a hookup tire and custom rear shock for my weight because I’m about 220 and an air shifter. Also have APE clutch pack and Brocks mod with springs. Im just wondering first off what gearing you think I should go for and if I should aim for top of 5th or top of 6th at the end of ¼. I keep reading conflicting things. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey so Ive been to the track a few times and finally decided to get serious so my 03 1000 is now stretched 68” wb, front and rear lowered and front strapped, stock motor for now with a hookup tire and custom rear shock for my weight because I’m about 220 and an air shifter. Also have APE clutch pack and Brocks mod with springs. Im just wondering first off what gearing you think I should go for and if I should aim for top of 5th or top of 6th at the end of ¼. I keep reading conflicting things. Any help would be appreciated.
I own a 06 gsxr 1000 Stock wheel base stock slipper clutch I weigh about 260lb in leathers and gear, my bike is -2 front +4 (180 tire) rear. Most have problems with this gearing especially on a short bike but it works for me, and I can really get moving, brought my 60ft from 1.74-1.80 to 1.66-1.70 (seat time helped also) I cross the stripe top of 5th.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
LionofJudah777
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing