Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have ideas where i can get strong bolts that do not strip as easy as oem? three times it happened to me on my f4 and k4 750 where the bolts that hold the mount plates strip only after removing them twice.

otherwise, i'm thinking of just home depot or osh to get better bolts. no need for titanium or anything bling/superlight, as i hear even titanium is a little soft for these applications,.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
they shouldn't strip if you put them in straight and follow the proper torque settings. why are they stripping on you? I don't have that problem.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
The only problem with bolts you find at the hardware stores is that you won't find shouldered bolts like the stock units. So if you're looking for a direct replacement for the fairing bolts, you won't find any. Still - they don't have to be shouldered. But everything fits together better if they are.

whatever you go with - make sure it's corrossion resistant. stainless steel's nice.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wolph, they were stripping when i was removing them.

thanks for replies. guess i try the online site, else i'm stuck purchasing stock bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts