Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just wondering how to wheelie this particular bike, i can get it up in first if i roll on it with little effort but i want to use the clucth as well so i can get is up easy at lower speeds as well as in second gear.
any help?

by the way im new to wheelies so please use detail.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i pulled one yesterday... first one on the bike.

i was already going about 10mph and then just pulled the clutch in and blipped the throttle to about 4000-5000rpms could have been more.... the tire pulled right up about a foot and a half or so. i rode it out to second gear.... it was very cool.

i'm running a 14f 43r sprocket if i remember correctly

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i need clutching techniuqe i tryed it the other day but it seemed so harsh on the bike.
i basiclly left it in first got to about 15-20 pulled the clutch in about 5/8 of the away rolled on the throttle and got it up to about 6-6.5k and let the clucth out fast but kinda slow at the same time and basiclly nothing happened i just felt a jerk, maybe its mental and i'm subconsiouslly being a pussy. if not that what do u guys think im doing wrong???

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went out and tried for awhile when I first got the bike. I found that I had to release the clutch fast as I rolled the throttle on. I dont go out and wheelie all the time so maybe someone else can give some insight. I was doing about 15 mph when I was trying it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
But can you power-wheelie these oil-cooled beotches? That's what I want to know. It's so easy on dirt bikes, but I've never pulled a wheelie on a street bike. Can you just get the revs up, back off, and then nail the throttle and pull up? Or do you have to use the clutch? And furthermore, can your average '86 750 with a minor mod or two do this?

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
My k2 1000 will flip off the throttle, my new horse - 85 model gix 750 will lift the front in 1st alone off the throttle, as long as I am sitting back as far as i can....against the stop box.
Si.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I know I'm just being a little girl with the throttle. It's just so fierce in first, I'm afraid to scoot back and wrench up on the bars. The thing is, I don't even want to do wheelies--I just wish I knew how.

·
Registered
113 Posts
LOL. Starboyz offer a wheelie school. I think its two days, and about $450. So you arent the only one that is interested in doing that. They started it out awhile ago, and now I look and I see wheelie schools all over the states. Most people in the schools ( from what I ve read ) are in their 30's to 50's. Average around 44 years old.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
try putting your weight more in the back, and in first rev to maybe 7K. then give a good downward push into a upward jerk and push the throttle all the way down it'll work. get it..?

I can do it over and over in first so far with little troubleI don't like to clutch it up cause its murder to your clutch basket (as they are made outta aluminum ya know)and platesi never use the clutch to get it up.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Start with an older smaller dirt bike. Something you can 'Throw away', if need be.
Like when you go over backwards? Old dirts are cheaper and lighter, EZer to control, if you get outta shape. If you cant afford and old dirt bike, what makes you think you can afford repairing crash damage on your GSXR? Right?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.