Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Recently bought a '13 GSX R750 which still got the tires that came with the bike! So those are completly useless and was researching which ones to put after.

I'm looking for tires which get warm enough quick and preserve those optimal temps without needing to go MAX ATTACK all the time so I don't approach a corner and suddenly loose all the grip going to kiss the floor afterwards, which is my #1 fear on a bike.

So far my candidates are Metzeler M7RR, Bridgestone S21 and Continental Road Attack 3.

Any info you guys got on those tires or more recommendations on other models out there?

Cheers!

·
Administrator
13,911 Posts
Pilot power 3 ... best all round tyre.
Pilot power 2 is more aggressive has amazing grip but won’t last as long.

Reactions: eddyeddy

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey all!

Recently bought a '13 GSX R750 which still got the tires that came with the bike! So those are completly useless and was researching which ones to put after.

I'm looking for tires which get warm enough quick and preserve those optimal temps without needing to go MAX ATTACK all the time so I don't approach a corner and suddenly loose all the grip going to kiss the floor afterwards, which is my #1 fear on a bike.

So far my candidates are Metzeler M7RR, Bridgestone S21 and Continental Road Attack 3.

Any info you guys got on those tires or more recommendations on other models out there?

Cheers!
These are road tyres you're talking about not racing slicks so the situation you describe is not one which you will ever encounter. No experience of the Continentals but have no reason to think they'd be significantly inferior to the others. All are a good choice, as are the Michelins. I might well be wrong and don't wish to offend but the comment makes me think that maybe this is your first bike? If so, perhaps not the best decision, that aside get yourself some training. Riding is like flying. Everybody wants to be a natural but in truth no one can be because our natural reactions are usually the complete opposite of what we should be doing. Learn by yourself, particularly on a big bike, and you will be kissing the floor but it won't be down to the equipment. (Assuming it isn't faulty of course)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are road tyres you're talking about not racing slicks so the situation you describe is not one which you will ever encounter. No experience of the Continentals but have no reason to think they'd be significantly inferior to the others. All are a good choice, as are the Michelins. I might well be wrong and don't wish to offend but the comment makes me think that maybe this is your first bike? If so, perhaps not the best decision, that aside get yourself some training. Riding is like flying. Everybody wants to be a natural but in truth no one can be because our natural reactions are usually the complete opposite of what we should be doing. Learn by yourself, particularly on a big bike, and you will be kissing the floor but it won't be down to the equipment.
No offense at all! It is indeed my second bike but my first R. Started in a Z650 2 years ago and now it was time (at least my inner me wanted to) to jump into the sporty ones.

Having tons of doubts when it comes to tire choice because of that exact reason, it's a sports bike, tires will be sportier, lean faster, etc.

Will for sure attend training courses (already did one before riding the Z and it's one of the best choices I did in my life) since being a R will be a massive jump in riding position, apart from reactions and cc's.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Bridgestone S21. Perfect for that bike and never gave me issues for the 180 tire. I like to ride even when the roads are slick from some rain just to practice and that tire would give me feedback when it would move and even in the cold it just grips. S22's didn't like. Don't care what they say about a bit more grip, its crap. 33-34 Front and Rear and you will be good.

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
you want a "NON heat sensitive" compound, several choices, research and go for the best option for YOU..

I like the tri compounds, just in case the road goes wonky on me I can make quick work of it..

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts
TPMS, you need waterproof for sure, you can go basic on sensor monitoring or elaborate as bluetooth and onboard display, depends what you want really?

·
Registered
GSX-R 1000 2014 L4 in the Netherlands
75 Posts
I also have 7 year old original blue glowing tires that have to be replaced, 6200 km now, but having fun learning this bike. R1000
I want to buy Pirelli and it is a lot of reading forums to understand the proper temp and the difference with track tire heater @ 80 celcius or street riding.

EDIT: ended up buying Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa II , I ride street more than track and the tires with streetlegal minimal cut might give problems with cops who think it is a slick.

I want to order pirelli diablo-supercorsa-sp-v2

And SP is street use with street temp/Rain/durable intention.

SC is for circuit with tire heater.

Other manufactuers must have similar gradations/type name.

^metric, km, celcius, Nm: Come over to our side, the only right side 💫 🌍 ☄

1 - 11 of 11 Posts