Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2001 1k and its time to replace me rubbers, ive heard the pilot power tires are good anybody have personal experience w/ them? Im not a racer and probably no track days, god bless america and japanese bikes.

·
Super Moderator
17,429 Posts
Got a 2001 1k and its time to replace me rubbers, ive heard the pilot power tires are good anybody have personal experience w/ them? Im not a racer and probably no track days, god bless america and japanese bikes.
*Search*

·
Registered
557 Posts
I am running Diablo Corsa's, very good IMO. Ran with some German dude's this weekend and one of them had Pilot Power's on his R1. They held up very good also. He did not lowside right in front of me while in the turns, so I think the Pilot Power's stick pretty good as well, but have never personally ran on them. I ask the German dude what he thought about the Powers and he said they are a very good tire and the Pilot Sports (older version) are shit (his exact words) then again his racing team is sponsored by Michilin so I think he is biased, to run the Power's for street setup and then run the Michilin race at the track.

I have only ran the Corsa's on the street so far. I have no personal feedback about them on the track yet.

I have the 02 - 1000 so it is the same bike.

·
Premium Member
73,384 Posts
diablo corsa's or metzeler m1's. can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
249 Posts
pilot powers +1 have a couple friends that have run M1s, one now rides diablo corsas and likes them a lot better, the other now rides powers and swears by those. The M1 is getting old.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
BT012 SS's just fitted to my 02. Heaps better than the 010's and diabllo's, as good as the mich'n pilot powers, for lot's less $$$.....although the corsa's are getting good following down under....

Si.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts