Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello . I know there is a lot of discuss about sliders but i am interested if there is any futures and changes . I have gsxr 1000 2009 year and want to use Sliders . There is two choise Vortex no cut ks533. Or somthing good quality cut slider . (I know no cut had problems of break but mabe this individual model is strong?)

Please dont be angry becouse of similar post but mabe somthing changed in industry and this model of vortex is strong or somthing if anyone have experiance which is better to use this vortex or cut version slider ?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Woodcraft.

Stay away from no-cut sliders.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So nothing had changed and this vortex is garbage also like another no cut. Its my first good motorcycle and i dont have experiance of quality . Could you guys link me best quality slider wich fits my 2009 gsxr1000 . On amazon or ebay and i will buy it i have 150 $ maximum for sliders please help me to choise best one wich you know that realy do his job

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
Wait, you bought a 1000 as a first bike?

:facepalm

Either sell it or park it and buy something dmaller like an R3 or Ninja 300 to learn on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course not its my 6 th bike but i always had cheap old moyorcycles :))) please help for best slider protection

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes i will cut but i which woodcut slider is good quality to buy it if you can please link me on amazon or ebay . Becouse i live in another country and i have to buy it in usa

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah sorry bro my problem was that i did not know what woodcraft means. Now i know its brand :)) i thought it was material or something. Thank you very much for help :)) and last question about it how much length of this slider if stoped motorcycle will drop does levelers take any scratches or it have enough length and levelers will not hit to ground ? And what about yoshimura ? It costs 100 $ its better or woodcraft ?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
They are called "frame" sliders. Not lever sliders, not fairing sliders. They are designed to save your frame, nothing else.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know when you have speed it will not save your fream but i am interested if you dont have speed and for example motorcycle will drop in your garage does levelers hit to ground and will it take scratch or it have length and with drop from stopped place will not hit ?

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
And what I am telling is not to worry about that. They are designed to save yoir frame, nothing else. Not your levers, not your fairings.

·
Registered
308 Posts
R&G racing I have fitted. They have been tested personally and they work. Saved frame damage. Also protect your engine cases and even saved my fairing during a front lowide crash.
They are great protectors and come with a threaded spike to accurately mark where the center of the hole needs to be cut.

Suzuki GSXR1000 Aero Style Crash Protectors CP0201BL CP0201WH

It's very easy cutting the hole. I too was scared about ruining my fairing but take your time and its an easy process.
STAY AWAY FROM NO CUT SLIDERS - THEY DON'T WORK

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ah sorry bro my problem was that i did not know what woodcraft means. Now i know its brand :)) i thought it was material or something. Thank you very much for help :)) and last question about it how much length of this slider if stoped motorcycle will drop does levelers take any scratches or it have enough length and levelers will not hit to ground ? And what about yoshimura ? It costs 100 $ its better or woodcraft ?
ah, that makes sense then. its the brand :)

often a good frame slider will indeed save your fairings as well as engine cases, mirror levers etc depending on the speed of the drop and how it goes down. But the fact is they arent designed for that so dont count on them to do so.

woodcraft seem to be noted as the best and toughest, especially for high stress applications like on the race track. nonetheless, alot of other good sliders (cut style) can be very good and more than up to the job. e.g. yoshimura, R&G, Shogun etc etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can get no cut frame sliders from ebay for around $20 GSXR 1000 Frame Sliders | eBay
But I would recommend woodcraft
You can also get sliders for your Front & Rear Wheel Fork Axle Slider Protector, also in ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/131926414075?lpid=107&chn=ps

But for your levers, If you drop they will break, as they are soft metal. I changed mine to blue Aluminum levers. Looks great with the bar ends, also in Blue aluminum. Better don't drop the bike and look after it when you park or store the bike. Can easily scratch the fairings, paint and stickers.

·
Premium Member
73,190 Posts
You can get no cut frame sliders from ebay for around $20 GSXR 1000 Frame Sliders | eBay
But I would recommend woodcraft
You can also get sliders for your Front & Rear Wheel Fork Axle Slider Protector, also in ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/131926414075?lpid=107&chn=ps

But for your levers, If you drop they will break, as they are soft metal. I changed mine to blue Aluminum levers. Looks great with the bar ends, also in Blue aluminum. Better don't drop the bike and look after it when you park or store the bike. Can easily scratch the fairings, paint and stickers.
Please don't suggest eBay... Support the shops that support our sport.

MotoMummy
HardRacing.com High Performance Parts for Power Sports, Motorsports, And all Water Sports.
www.ridersdiscount.com
Motorcycle Gear | Buy Motorcycle Helmets, Jackets, Parts, Tires & More

:thumbup

·
2 > 4
371 Posts
I've went down with Shogun (cut type) sliders once and they saved most my bike :cheers (L6 750). Replaced with Shogun again ($40). I would assume Woodcrafts ($70) are better though (based on reputation and price only), but I've never had them or seen them tested so I don't know for sure.

The non-cut type typically have a weak connection and tend to break and fail to do its job. Suck it up and cut your fairings if you want to add frame sliders.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts