Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you favorite riding spots in the Seattle/Eastside area?

I usually head out towards Carnation/Duvall via twisty roads like Ames Lake... But I'm getting bored with it and looking for something new.

·
Registered
969 Posts
High ridge road, Cascasde loop, Hwy 2, Hwy 410, Black dimond- holbert rd, Then a few up near marysville that I won't tell anyone about.He He He! So you're getting bored! Dude you live on the east side. get a map or go get your self lost. Trust me when I say one of these days you'll find the sweet rd that your can NEVER get bored on. I've found mine! You always can go hwy 203 or 202. That's aways a riot! But mellow!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I ran into a guy earlier today while riding up Hwy 9 near Snohomish who was from Marysville; he said there are a ton of good roads in that area and more up in the Arlington/Darington area.

I've gotten myself lost plenty of times but I never seem to find anything good. Any twisty roads I do find are always covered in gravel or jammed with traffic. I end up on 202/203/Snoqualamie Valley Rd. all the time, and don't get me wrong, they're nice rides with good scenery, but they're mostly flat and straight. I'm looking for something a little more challenging.

I haven't been out in the Hwy 410/Black Diamond area before. Maybe I'll head down there next time I go out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I discovered SE Green Valley Rd. today.
Seemed to be a pretty popular stretch; there were a lot of bikes running up and down it. I need to find more roads like this one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There a ton of good twisties off of Highway9. I wish I could give more specifics, but I just know how to get there if I'm in the area, don't know how specifics though with road names. Just ride around south of Snohomish and branch of the side roads. A lot of wide open farm land in places.

·
Registered
132 Posts
high bridge road is a really good stretch. gravel can be dangerous, though. ben howard road (just before you cross the skykomish river into monroe) is a nice little section, too. i live downtown and do a circuit of I-90 bridge to mercer island, do a lap around mercer way, head out to fall city or snoqualmie, north on 203 to ben howard, follow that to highway 2, back through monroe to the old monroe-snohomish highway into snohomish. follow the river (south bank) back towards everett, left at the stop sign towards seattle hill road, through the valley towards highway 9, cross 9 - take a right to spaghetinni road, to high bridge, to redmond, to 520 and home again. ~150 miles of decent roads.

also, highway 2 is great on weekdays. take 97 south after leavenworth to hook up with I-90 again. btw as far as superslabs go, I-90 is the best i've ever ridden.

·
Registered
969 Posts
high bridge road is a really good stretch. gravel can be dangerous, though. ben howard road (just before you cross the skykomish river into monroe) is a nice little section, too. i live downtown and do a circuit of I-90 bridge to mercer island, do a lap around mercer way, head out to fall city or snoqualmie, north on 203 to ben howard, follow that to highway 2, back through monroe to the old monroe-snohomish highway into snohomish. follow the river (south bank) back towards everett, left at the stop sign towards seattle hill road, through the valley towards highway 9, cross 9 - take a right to spaghetinni road, to high bridge, to redmond, to 520 and home again. ~150 miles of decent roads.

also, highway 2 is great on weekdays. take 97 south after leavenworth to hook up with I-90 again. btw as far as superslabs go, I-90 is the best i've ever ridden.
+1 Know that stretch pretty good. 203 and 9 are a rated 5 on a 10 in my book. Just a pretty overall mellow ride. And high ridge rd has too many Sunday drivers. I-90 has too many cops; always want to travel through time on it. Black diamond area is good. Same with hwy 410. IMO. Good little run you have planed there.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You guys ever go up Ames Lake road, through the twisties all the way to Carnation? My buddy and I just did it yesterday and it was pretty sweet -- still some gravel though -- gotta pay attention. Also, for a long day ride, take the ferry from downtown to Bainbridge Island and ride around Hood Canal on 101 -- that kicks ass too -- lots of side roads with some serious twisties... wear shorts under the leathers... there's some great lakes to jump into in the summer to cool off. Maybe some organized rides this summer? I need to get some miles on the new K5!!

Colin D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts