Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, had an old v&h supersport on my mild 86 1100, recently put a newer stainless SS2R on and the bike seems lazier, maybe im imagining this do to the SS2R being MUCH quieter than the old pipe, but seat of pants tells a different story. whats the best pipe for this combo? the old pipe on the bike made 133hp. mods include 36mm smoothbore flat slides, 1109 kit, stage 1 cams, ignition advancer. soon to be 1216, ported '90 head w/ cams. is the SS2R going to work or is this a bum pipe? thanks guys

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I found a similar thing when I changed my race system for a newer one. I put it down to the clearing of a flatspot at 6000rpm which used to make the bike feel faster before.
I expect that yours will be fine but you won't know for sure unless you dyno it...
My Micron system had baffles in the mid pipe which have been removed to help it flow better.

Most people over here in the UK recommend a full Acrapovic system for the best flow.

Andy

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
I tried a few combo's but found that the Supersport made the most power(besides a PCO)on my hi-compression 1371 engine.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
It's a sidewinder pipe.V&H's Pro Competition Only pipe.Equal length header tubes,no baffle,pipe is up high(runs along side of frame rail under engine)so you can SLAM your bike and not bottom out on the pipe.If I knew what the hell I was doing on this friggin' computer I would post a pic.Or just visit Vance&Hines website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts