Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

i have an 09 750 and coming up for my 600 mile service. i am only a street rider but would like to know should i stay with regular oil or switch to synthetic? Is it too early to switch? Can you guys give me advice? Should i stay or should i switch?

thanks

·
Loves MASSIVE CASCADES of jizz on his face
5,361 Posts
I heard that the wet kind is best.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try the search for literally thousands of 15-page arguments over this... That having been said, Anything with a jaso ma rating for wet clutches will work fine. You can switch to or from synthetic oil at any time, any mileage. I personally use Amsoil in my Gixxer because I get it for dealer cost, brought right to my shop. I've also used Rotella with no problems, and still use it in both of my fourwheelers with no issues. Change it often and you'll have no problems with whatever you use.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Best oil for "street riding", huh?

I use Castrol for normal around-town errands with the exception of runs to Ace Hardware when I run Royal Purple. For highway use, my bike prefers Rotella Synthetic unless it's during rush hour where of course I run the semi-synth Suzuki oil.

There's literally no way the search function could have helped you with this question.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Best oil for "street riding", huh?

I use Castrol for normal around-town errands with the exception of runs to Ace Hardware when I run Royal Purple. For highway use, my bike prefers Rotella Synthetic unless it's during rush hour where of course I run the semi-synth Suzuki oil.

There's literally no way the search function could have helped you with this question.
:scratch
So, depending on the time of day decides what oil you're going to run in the bike? or Do you just mix them all together as you're doing the oil change? I'm very confused on this subject. :wait

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Has anybody tried Motul for jaunts to Sonic for Happy Hour? It seems like that would be a good match, but I'm hesitant after my fiasco with trying to use Golden Spectro on a run to Popeye's. Wow.....don't ever try that!!

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Has anybody tried Motul for jaunts to Sonic for Happy Hour? It seems like that would be a good match, but I'm hesitant after my fiasco with trying to use Golden Spectro on a run to Popeye's. Wow.....don't ever try that!!
very interesting. I might have to try this.

·
Les lions Indomptables !
680 Posts
not another oil thread again. I use extra virgin olive oil with an OEM filter. Works great... Last time i changed oil at the dealer, they put Honda GN4 in my gixxer which pissed me off. Probably nothing wrong with it, but i just wasn't cool with that ....

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
just find some 10/40 on sale and throw it in there...should be fine. Dont waste your money on that expensive stuff....it's allllll good.

·
Registered
600 Posts
i rock valvoline. dont fall for that "SPECIAL MOTORCYCLE OIL" crap. anything that isnt energy conserving will work fine with wet clutches. like i said, im using valvoline with no problems with the clutch. other then the clutch consideration its just a regular gasoline engine.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts