Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody (JEFF) know the best carbs to use for the hairiest performance on an 85 canadian gsxr 750? Engine mods: port & polish, Accel coils,wiseco 771, v&h Valves,Yosh stg3 cams,v&h22sscomp only pipe, k&n pods. I have Mikuni33fs's but cannot find parts to tune. I have a set of new Mikuni 34rs's, but heard they are about as good as stock. I'm going fuckin nuts with this! GEEZER

G

·
0 Posts
I think the Keihin FCR's are about as good as it gets.... I wouldn't know what size to reccomend to you though. 37mm maybe......

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't quite understand the question do you mean which is better of the two, or what carb is best for your application all around. I would go with some 39 kiehins that way you could keep them if you went to an 1100 motor(or bigger) later. But if you plan on keeping the 771 and you ride mostly on the street, I would suggest some 38mm mikuni radial slides. They worked really really well on my 92 907 motor.(but weren't big enough for my 1255 currently residing in its place.)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Originally posted by GixxerRacer371:
I think the Keihin FCR's are about as good as it gets.... I wouldn't know what size to reccomend to you though. 37mm maybe......
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup, MIkuni flatslides are good too, I'm using 38's. If you have a set of 34mm RS flatslides laying around PUT THEM ON, it couldn't hurt. To jet them right, just keep putting in bigger jets until you get smooth power throughout the power curve (they're only a few bucks each). I bet the right jet size will be close to, or a little bigger than the size that's in your 33's (If those are running OK) and don't forget to adjust the float level and the needle.

[ 05-02-2002, 02:06 PM: Message edited by: 88/750 ]

·
Registered
42 Posts
I may be selling a set of 36mm Mikuni CV's off an GSXR 1100 K/L complete with dual flange K&N filters. They're currently fitted to my 85 750 which is stock apart from a micron exhaust with race can. It's a long story but they would be more suited to your tuned motor than my bike, which is why i'm on the look out for a set of 34mm CV's (single cable, pull out choke type)if anybodys got a set.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
I can give a pertty good view on this one. My 88 7-11 has 38mm Mikuni Flatslides on it and the only trouble with them is the slides stick when you roll off at high RPM's as the suction from the cylinders pulls the slides agianst the front of the carb body.
My 90 1100 has 39mm Keihin FCR's on it and with the roller slides are smooth as silk.
Both make great power when compaired to the stock CV's but if you are in a climate like mine that has lots of temp changes (spring, summer, fall) you will need to rejet in twice a year to stay at max power. I have to rejet in the summer when the temp stays above 70 and then switch back to my spring/fall jetting once the temp drops back down.
I have heard that the 40mm CV's are making great HP on built up 1100's in Europe and you can use a stock airbox to avoide the rejetting.
Bones

1 - 7 of 7 Posts