1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
It looks like someone took an Alpinestars motocross boot and put it through a bandsaw.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude these things are PIMP and they do their job!

·
Registered
252 Posts
provide the protection you would see from a motocross boot,
Uh hardly man.
Those are about half the height of a motocross boot, and there is no bracing worth mentioning against the bulk of the calf to keep your foot from bending right up or down to tear ligaments or snap stuff. Left to right, maybe, impact, maybe, but that doesn't lock your foot like a motox boot.

Glad you like em though, they look comfortable.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Yeah, those boots are so good all of the racers wear them. Yeah, they're the best, that's it.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, those boots are so good all of the racers wear them. Yeah, they're the best, that's it.
And who asked you, you turd? STFU newbie. I know racers don't wear them. I was refering to every day street riding. But I forgot, you've been on GDC for a couple of years now so you can speak your mind. You're also racing with AMA so you know your shit, I'm sorry
for doubting and questioning you.
Fucking asshat.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
538 Posts
i just ordered a pair, and it's good to hear all this!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
And who asked you, you turd? STFU newbie. I know racers don't wear them. I was refering to every day street riding. But I forgot, you've been on GDC for a couple of years now so you can speak your mind. You're also racing with AMA so you know your shit, I'm sorry
Fucking asshat.
I'd rather have a pair of Sidi Vertebras or B-Ones for the street than those. They're not too stiff to walk in but they have better ankle protection and overall foot protection. They just don't seem tall enough to provide adequate ankle protection.

Pair of boots like that oughta come with a free bowl of soup. But hey, I'm sure they look good on you. No offense.

Oh, and I raced in CMRA not AMA. Get it right.

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fucking asshat.
I'd rather have a pair of Sidi Vertebras or B-Ones for the street than those. They're not too stiff to walk in but they have better ankle protection and overall foot protection. They just don't seem tall enough to provide adequate ankle protection.

Pair of boots like that oughta come with a free bowl of soup. But hey, I'm sure they look good on you. No offense.

Oh, and I raced in CMRA not AMA. Get it right.
Sorry you caught me having a bad day yesterday. Yes boots like Sidi and Alpinestars and the like will do better. I only mean that these boots, for me are more suited to my needs as an everyday street rider.

·
Registered
617 Posts
After seeing a dudes Icon helmet split in half into his face, I'm a bit leary of their stuff. Whatever works for ya though.
For the last time, helmets are designed to crack on impact. It absobrs all the impact when it breaks. Why dont people understand this?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I've had a pair of the motorheads for like 6 months now. I love them. Give decent protection and can be worn normally under jeans and they don't look all cheesy when you get off the bike and go somewhere. I'm ordering a pair of Sidi Vertigo's tomarrow for more hardcore rides, but the motorheads do a good job balancing safety into a more usuable street boot.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
After seeing a dudes Icon helmet split in half into his face, I'm a bit leary of their stuff. Whatever works for ya though.
For the last time, helmets are designed to crack on impact. It absobrs all the impact when it breaks. Why dont people understand this?

Uh, ok there........

So your telling me the helmet was designed to literally crack in half, and jam into his face??

I wonder why all the AMA, MotoGP, BSB, etc. guys' helmets don't crack on impact?? Maybe they just don't wear the right gear?

Resume discussion re: boots now............

·
Registered
19 Posts
i think sidis are the best
My Sidi Race Boots literally saved my foot.

My bike flipped over and the gas tank landed on my ankle. I walked funny for a few days but if I was wearing tennis shoes my foot would have been crushed.

This was on the freeway during "everyday riding."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts