Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best bolt on swingarm and shock for \'85?

OK, so I think I'm gonna look for a new swingarm and shock combo. does anyone know what will bolt onto my '85 without much modification?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Re: best bolt on swingarm and shock for \'85?

Easy Jimmy not every body is drag racer.
Resonantfreq, what are you looking to achive?
Do you want to drag the bike or are you looking for a more road race type setup?
-Karl

·
Banned
982 Posts

Cali-Fab/LE tuning!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

first of all, I'm not really looking for an aftermarket swingarm. I'm just looking for something a little better than the '85. I'm on a pretty tight budget right now. I'm looking to set the bike up for handling, not dragracing.

I was thinking of one from a newer gixxer or even a kawi or something. anything that'll fit.

·
Registered
434 Posts

do a search over the last 60-90 days and there are lots of posts on how to mod the early bike for a later swingarm it ain't a direct bolt on you have to make dogbones and a bushing, as to the shock a fox or works, or custom machine to adapt a later gixxer shock to the earlier style which is what I did, as to the effectiveness of the mod it is the best mod to improve the handling of an early gixxer. Mine doesnt get blown around on the freeway anymore and it doesnt weave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts