Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
best bang for buck performance wise? i know a full pipe and pcIIIr is a no brainer but what kind of pipe and is there anything else i need? thanks all

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Track days... Experience will beat any mods you can throw at your bike...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i was at 4 last year i ride everyday to work and go to at least 4 trackdays a year. this is my 1st gsxr i used to ride yamaha's so i dont know where to start . I realize that it's 80% rider 20% bike. but i still want to know what to get performance wise.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
lol i was at 4 last year i ride everyday to work and go to at least 4 trackdays a year. this is my 1st gsxr i used to ride yamaha's so i dont know where to start . I realize that it's 80% rider 20% bike. but i still want to know what to get performance wise.
NOS

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,133 Posts
Öhlins, then...

·
Banned
6,053 Posts
for less than a grand you can throw in a 1K motor and have gobs of extra power.... mine cost me $600 for the motor, ecu, wiring harness $160 for new chain and sprockets. takes a little grinding on your frame but the 1k will slide right up in there. get some motor mounts from hyrbidracing and youre all set.

·
Registered
479 Posts
but then you have TONS of power that is severely UNDERsuspended!!! gonna need 1000 shock and forks too or aftermarket!

does make a sweet sleeper though for those who don't know any better. if you know gixxers then you should be able to tell merely by the exhaust note. Other 1000 tells are the different clutch cover, oil cooler, and the SET in the exhaust (unless you have full system).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts