Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a friend change out my back tire, and when i got my bike back he said that my swing arm was bent pretty bad and the only thing keeping it straight was my rear axle. I've looked on ebay, and every swing arm i see is listed as "straight", but all are bent the same way; on the left side near where the chain guard mounts. Is this normal? Is the swingarm junk? Or is my friend just talking out of his ass? It's an 02 gsx-r 600 by the way.

· He Who Touches Himself
6,312 Posts
Pics would be helpful. I have an extra swingarm if you need it.

· eh'hole
2,100 Posts
osieczonek said:
I recently had a friend change out my back tire, and when i got my bike back he said that my swing arm was bent pretty bad and the only thing keeping it straight was my rear axle. I've looked on ebay, and every swing arm i see is listed as "straight", but all are bent the same way; on the left side near where the chain guard mounts. Is this normal? Is the swingarm junk? Or is my friend just talking out of his ass? It's an 02 gsx-r 600 by the way.
If its the "bend" Im thinking about then its there on purpose to make room for the sprocket.

This is the view from the top

Is the "bend" just under the upper chain guard mounting bracket?

· He Who Touches Himself
6,312 Posts
That's a 600 swingarm? check out my ad in the CLASSIFIEDS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.