Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going July 16-17? Did Summit Jefferson last month. Anyone with experience on this track? What can I expect? NESBA control rider told me Jefferson is a very technical track and alot of people have a hard time with it. I wasn't the fastest(IN the big "B" group) and not the slowest either.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I"m shooting for the 16th. The Beaver is a lot of fun. It has a little bit of everything, like elevation changes, a blind corner, a couple real fast kinks, a hairpin corner, etc, etc....There's a few bumps here and there, but nothing major. You'll like it.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
screw beaverun....come to VIR on the 18th!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Don't tempt me....I'm not commited to the beaver yet! I'll have to give this some thought.

Matt, do you know how I can get some track time up at Nelson Ledges? I was going to run it with TPM, but it looks like they took Nelson off the schedule.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Don't tempt me....I'm not commited to the beaver yet! I'll have to give this some thought.

Matt, do you know how I can get some track time up at Nelson Ledges? I was going to run it with TPM, but it looks like they took Nelson off the schedule.

www.fastone.com do the race or street school, then you can come out on wednesday nights and play for only $100.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Beaverun is a great track...like said before it's got some of everything. I was there 2 months ago for the first time and it was AWESOME...you'll love the back straight with it's little kink.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just signed up for Saturday.
VIR was VERY tempting, buy I'm anxious to attack the beaver again. I'll probably hit VIR at the end of August.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Beaverun is a pretty nice track. It has a little bit of everything. It is a pretty safe track, with plenty of runoff room.

The only downside is that pavement in some spots sucks and it can be very bumpy.

I will be there on the 16th, also in B group. I'll be on an 04 gixxer 6, with Joe Rocket leathers and AGV helmet.... Stop by to say hi...

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
I love the Beaver, it's probably one of my favorits
Yea me too, just as long as theres no knee pucks bouncin round in front of me

On a side note...Summit JC sucks hairy donky dick...Main is where it's at...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was at Beaver on Sunday, what a day except for being cut short by the downpour...a bunch of crashes, but I think everyone came out okay. One guy in the I group absolutely totalled his brand new gixxer...this thing was mint and now its destroyed. Im waiting for the good pics from Action photos to be uploaded, but my buddy grabbed this one from the front straight.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I was there Saturday. Had a great time too. Man we had a ton of crashes as well. All but two sessions were red flagged. Luckily all the crashes in our group happened around the end of the session, so I didn't really feel cut short on track time. I don't know about Sunday, but it was freaking HOT and HUMID! Still had fun though, I got some onboard video, and knocked a couple seconds off my lap times. All in all, a really good day.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I was at Beaver on Sunday, what a day except for being cut short by the downpour...a bunch of crashes, but I think everyone came out okay. One guy in the I group absolutely totalled his brand new gixxer...this thing was mint and now its destroyed. Im waiting for the good pics from Action photos to be uploaded, but my buddy grabbed this one from the front straight.
that guy would be Me.

I low-sided going around turn 8 @ around 130 mph....
i f-ed up my line going in so that i ended up on the bumpy section while still leaned over---bad news...

front tire hopped off the ground, and the rest was history....

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
I low-sided going around turn 8 @ around 130 mph....
i f-ed up my line going in so that i ended up on the bumpy section while still leaned over---bad news...

front tire hopped off the ground, and the rest was history....

You lowsided in a "kink"? 8 is more of a kink rather than a turn.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I guess you could call it a kink, but you can still hit knee dragging lean angles through 8. Same with turn 9.

So what's the damage moroj82? Is the bike fixable, any broken bones to speak of? 8 and 9 are two turns I'd hate to go down in.

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
8 and 9 are two turns I'd hate to go down in.
Tell me bout it...Few months back I was exiting 8 in triple digits... when I had a guy pass me so fast and so close on the outside, his draft literaly pulled me off the track...I felt the bike pull and I couldn't do shit...went off at around 110ish...in the dirt...head floppin from shoulder to shoulder...tank slappin like a mutha...was at the rev limiter...I just kept thinking "This is gonna hurt" when out of nowhere I was able to muscle it back up onto the track...my two friends saw me get back on and were like
How the fuck did he just save that...one friend was literally doing this ~~~>
infront of me...I said F this and pitted so I could check ma'shorts, lol.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nope,

i'd have to say that after flipping down the track some 60 feet, the bike is definitely FUBAR. :'-(
Is this who I think it is? Its me Jamie,parked next to ya on the yellow 02 1000 # 357. We were all together with Will and them? Did you call the ins co yet?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Jaime!

hey,

what's up man?

yep, it's me; GIXXER DESTROYER!!!

i called insurance; and they said they'd cover it since a trackday isn't racing....
im still in limbo, until they send out the check so i can relax.
right now, they're in the process of having an independent source call other dealers to confirm the price of a new bike + the aftermarket yosh system i had on there.
after that, i'll have some $ freed up on my suzuki loan & i'll just take out a new one (hopefully i'll be reunited w/ another bike mid-august =D

btw, tell will and the crew I said "Yo!" if you talk to them.

~James

1 - 20 of 21 Posts